Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Oddity

tag
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Macy's Oddity

I was shopping at Macy's this evening and when I checked out, I used my Macy's card. I always check the receipts because, well, that's just who I am. Anyway, on the receipt, printed at the bottom, it states "Congratulations! Your new Macy's card credit limit is $6,300"

My previous limit was 4.x K - Has anyone had this happen to them before? I didn't do anything special except check out. I actually called in to Macy's customer service and she had no idea, other than to say, "well, I can see your credit limit was raised sometime between your last statement on the 15th and today, but I have no idea why it's showing up on the receipt."

Just curious if anyone has experienced this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's Oddity

Now THAT is my kind of oddity!  Congratulations!  

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lyythine wrote:
I was shopping at Macy's this evening and when I checked out, I used my Macy's card. I always check the receipts because, well, that's just who I am. Anyway, on the receipt, printed at the bottom, it states "Congratulations! Your new Macy's card credit limit is $6,300"

My previous limit was 4.x K - Has anyone had this happen to them before? I didn't do anything special except check out. I actually called in to Macy's customer service and she had no idea, other than to say, "well, I can see your credit limit was raised sometime between your last statement on the 15th and today, but I have no idea why it's showing up on the receipt."

Just curious if anyone has experienced this?

Very strange for it to be on the receipt.  Buy anything interesting?

Message 3 of 8
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Wow! Now that's a pleasant surprise. Never heard of that until now. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time i hear about this. but thats nice!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated above, I too have never heard of this. But it is good news, so, congratulations are in order.

Message 7 of 8
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I bought a pair of bright red Polo chinos, Irish Smiley Happy that's about it for "out of the norm" purchases from last night.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.