Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Reporting Credit Limits!

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Macy's Reporting Credit Limits!

Got my e-bill from them today and saw the credit limit...interesting as It is higher than I thought...Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's Reporting Credit Limits!

Trans, Eq, and Ex are not reporting my balance for for me. I checked today. I did received a cli from $100 -$1000. I have been with Macy's since 2005 and I never asked or received a cli. All of a sudden I got one.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 2 of 10
Brusilov
Established Contributor

If you're curious and don't have a statement this month you can send Macy's a message through their site or call to get your credit limit.  I think they started reporting on statements last month?

I just checked my EQ/TU, though, and they're not reporting any limits.  Maybe they're just telling people the limits but still not reporting to the CBs?

Message 3 of 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Trans, Eq, and Ex are not reporting my balance for for me. I checked today. I did received a cli from $100 -$1000. I have been with Macy's since 2005 and I never asked or received a cli. All of a sudden I got one.

I've been a member since 2007 and have been stuck with a $100CL. Smiley Mad they are deff one of my oldest CCs. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 10
michjd75
Valued Member

My April statement says that they will start reporting to CRA's in July.  The April statement was to let customers know what their limits are.

Message 5 of 10
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

I've been a member since 2007 and have been stuck with a $100CL. Smiley Mad they are deff one of my oldest CCs. Smiley Sad

Hey now don't say that! LOL  I've had mine for a year and the same thing...stuck at $100.  To add insult to injury they always give me $100+ min purchase deals Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 10
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

That's the reason I didn't dump them. They are my oldest account. If credit card companies show me love I will use them. Others, I will sock draw them. For instance, I bought a R-22 Freon jug for a/c $590. My orchard card cound'nt pay for that with a $300 limit, lol. I'm loving my Discover @$1700 and Barclays @2500. All will be PIF before the statement cuts.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sweet checked my macy's statement today 800 CL

Message 8 of 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Hey now don't say that! LOL  I've had mine for a year and the same thing...stuck at $100.  To add insult to injury they always give me $100+ min purchase deals Smiley Tongue

last time I made a large purchase they told me my limit was $110, now it's showing $100... so lame, it originally started with $200 but once my other CCs went into Charge-off status (two years ago) they decreased my CL *sigh* I'm not sure if I can even ask for a CLI since it's a store card and not the AMEX one. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I was told I could call during normal business hours to request a CLI from a rep.  I'm just leary that they'd do a hard pull...it's really not worth a possible INQ to me.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.