Did you mean: 

Macy's Reporting Question?

tag
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's Reporting Question?

@Jazzzy wrote:

@Mailak wrote:

I too would suspect your Macy's charge card would be on its way.

I only got the Macy's card when I applied but I think I might have opted out on the screen since I was unsure I would qualify for a real credit card.

When I applied, they didn't even ask me or explain that there were 2 credit lines. I had no idea I was getting an AmEx line. I was in the store. They asked my SS#, annual household income, and house payment. That's all. Fastest and easiest app I ever made. I think right now my FICOs are in the 760-770 range (no lates).

Yeah,the employee couldn't care less. I think I only knew because I read the prompts carefully and then read the pamphlet after I was approved.  He actually urged me to "just put 40k" as income so that I qualify. I think they get some commission if they persuade you to apply. I wouldn't have applied otherwise but I bought $500 worth of goods and it was Friends and Family day, so I got myself a good discount and I was looking to test the credit waters.

After that, I kept checking my mail hoping to somehow get an AMEX delivered Smiley LOL

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.