Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's -- Revolving and Major Purchase Question

tag
skeetch
New Contributor

Macy's -- Revolving and Major Purchase Question

Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you had experience with Macy's credit services -- I had wanted to have my card limit increased to 5000 from 2500.

They asked what my purchases would be and I tolld them I was hoping to redo a bedroom and bathroom with linens and such.

They said that they could give me a 2500 major purchase line. (this is different than the special event line for furniture and such)

They said that it would be connected to my Macy's card -- and the minimum purchase would need to be 200 to use that line of credit.

Does anyone know if it reports as two different accounts on your credit report or if it reports as a totall of 4500 on my one Macy's account?

Starting Score: 612
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's -- Revolving and Major Purchase Question

@skeetch wrote:

Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you had experience with Macy's credit services -- I had wanted to have my card limit increased to 5000 from 2500.

They asked what my purchases would be and I tolld them I was hoping to redo a bedroom and bathroom with linens and such.

They said that they could give me a 2500 major purchase line. (this is different than the special event line for furniture and such)

They said that it would be connected to my Macy's card -- and the minimum purchase would need to be 200 to use that line of credit.

Does anyone know if it reports as two different accounts on your credit report or if it reports as a totall of 4500 on my one Macy's account?

Sounds to me like 2 accounts

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It will report two accounts and the actual opening date for each, just like the American Express version.

Message 3 of 4
skeetch
New Contributor

Thanks for your help!

Starting Score: 612
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.