Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Store Card No Longer Amex Upgradeable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It makes no sense to upgrade these higher limit store cards now as it would potentially increase liability due to being able to be used outside the store. I guess all those easy consolidations and increases were for naught for those that participated.

Not all of the store cards are higher limit ones - some of us have 2k-4k store cards for Bloomingdale's. Smiley Happy

Perhaps, But in any case: You qualify for what you qualify.

I love the statement in your signature tuolumme.

The truth, and nothing but the truth! Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 40
ddemari
Super Contributor

I am still waiting on my brother to call me tonight with whatever info he can find out regarding bloomingdales. But, today I did notice the chat feature is back. If you type in anything related to upgrades or american express, it says currently unavailable, but if you type in help, you get a rep! hahaha. Here is my chat. But, I will still report back from my other source later on!

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

You have been connected to ##########

#####.:  Welcome to Bloomingdale's Live Chat Service. How can I help you today?

*******:  I am hoping you can assist me. May I speak with you about a credit card related question?

#######: Certainly!

#######.:  May I please have your full card or account number?

**********: may I provide you with my social security number? I do not have my card on me today.

#######: May I have your phone number as it appears on your account?

**********  : sure!

########.:  Thank you, can you please verify the last 4 digits of your social security number, your date of birth and your zip code?

**********:  personal info omitted

########:  Thank you for verifying your information. Please hold one moment while I review your account.

***********  : of course!

######### : Thank you for holding. How may I assist you with your credit card?

*************:  I am very interested in applying for the American Express Bloomingdales credit card. I know it used to be upgradeable. But, I have called customer service and they told me to go online? And I do not know where they are talking about?

##########.:  Please hold for one brief moment.

**************:  of course

##########: Thank you!

**************:  I appreciate your help very much!

###########.:  You are so very welcome. I know you probably wish there were an easier way to upgrade to the American Express Account. I am so sorry you will have to go to one of our Bloomingdale's store and apply for the upgrade.

**************:  When you say apply, I am basically applying for a new credit card?

###########.:  New credit and credit card, yes.

**************:  ok, well thank you for clarifying that for me.

############# : You are welcome.

Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is helpful info, ddemari, and we will look forward to hearing back once you speak with your brother! Thanks very much for posting this. Smiley Happy

Are you keeping your Bloomingdale's card if they don't upgrade? Still deciding myself.  I receive loyallist points even when I use a visa or mastercard for my Bloomingdale's purchases, so trying to determine the value of keeping the card.

Message 34 of 40
ddemari
Super Contributor

Im keeping bloomingdales no matter what because it has a nice credit limit. I may just hold onto Macy's fora while longer and sock drawer it, I recently closed out some SCT cards I never use. So i will wait a few months and see how I feel. 

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomingdale's still has this on their web site:

If you already have a Bloomingdale's Credit Card, consider upgrading to a Bloomingdale's American Express® Card.

I wish they would remove it to avoid confusion if it is no longer possible.

Message 36 of 40
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Sorry if someone already posted this. But, I secured messaged Macy's on 9/1/15 asking them about an Amex upgrade. I just receieved an email back from them saying, we longer will upgrade macy's store accounts to american express. Please apply online or in store if you would like an amex.

Bloomingdale's told me to call them via their last email sent to me the other day. Since wait times on the phones are so high, I was going to hold off till next month but who knows maybe its not do able anymore on their side, tooI am over having either one of those cards as an amex, its not worth the hassle and I already have a few amex's. but, macy's store card i will probably close and keep bloomingdale's. 

To be honest. i was never upgradable. You asked for the upgrade but always got a seperate account. its not like most cards where they actually did an upgrade. i have both.I will be canceling the amex around xmas. it is useless. i can't even get the small business saturday out of it. This is one card i wish i did not listen to forum members about. and also maybe the overstock. another useless one that will be getting the ax.

Message 37 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
I could swear my ebates visa was offering 16% cash back at Bloomingdales online lol recently. Much better deal than loyalist points lol.

Seriously? I will have to check my Ebates and take a look. Thanks for sharing. I agree that loyalist points aren't much of a help, I just received my $25 e-mail from loyalist to use but considering what you spend to receive it, it isn't worth it.

I do love Bloomingdale's and their offerings, but am trying to figure out why at this point I am keeping the card. Already canceled my Macy's and was pretty happy about it. Smiley Happy

According to http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Store/Bloomingdale-s/ it's now 8% at ebates, so 11% with the ebates card.

Message 38 of 40
ddemari
Super Contributor

I understand, not worth all the hassle! about 6 months ago, I just called and gave very little info to a girl onthe phone who said I would hear from them in 4 weeks if I were approved. Easy, but denied. So when I saw my big credit line, I thought lets ask again. Didnt know it was going to be the run around of the century. 

I will still report back when I hear from my brother, but my need/want for the amex versions of this card has exhausted me haha. 

Message 39 of 40
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Sorry if someone already posted this. But, I secured messaged Macy's on 9/1/15 asking them about an Amex upgrade. I just receieved an email back from them saying, we longer will upgrade macy's store accounts to american express. Please apply online or in store if you would like an amex.

Bloomingdale's told me to call them via their last email sent to me the other day. Since wait times on the phones are so high, I was going to hold off till next month but who knows maybe its not do able anymore on their side, tooI am over having either one of those cards as an amex, its not worth the hassle and I already have a few amex's. but, macy's store card i will probably close and keep bloomingdale's. 

To be honest. i was never upgradable. You asked for the upgrade but always got a seperate account. its not like most cards where they actually did an upgrade. i have both.I will be canceling the amex around xmas. it is useless. i can't even get the small business saturday out of it. This is one card i wish i did not listen to forum members about. and also maybe the overstock. another useless one that will be getting the ax.

True.

Oh well. I won't be going for the additional accounts at this point. If it were still the Visa or maybe a MC I would consider, but I have enough AMEX forms of payment and don't really see the need for it.

I wonder what other changes will trickle down the pipeline with Macy's/Bloomingdale's...

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.