Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store Card -----> Credit Card Upgrade

tag
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's Store Card -----> Credit Card Upgrade

The Macy's Visa reports the opening date from the day you applied for it rather than the opening date on the Macy's store card right? If that's the case, I would want to have the card and lower my AAoA.
Message 11 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
The Macy's Visa reports the opening date from the day you applied for it rather than the opening date on the Macy's store card right? If that's the case, I would want to have the card and lower my AAoA.

The store and Visa TL's are complete separate and report their own individual information. They only thing they share commonly is the plastic card. (It is a rewards card you know.)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know which bank underwrites Macy's Visa?

This is actually a tricky piece. The accounts (store, various large purchase accounts and the Visa) are issued by DSNB = Department Stores National Bank, which is a joint venture between Citi and Macys. Citi actually owns the accounts, but they are administered by DSNB,

So does that mean Citibank likes me?  Or are all the decisions made only by Macy's?

Message 13 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

FullBird wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

FullBird wrote:

Do you know which bank underwrites Macy's Visa?

This is actually a tricky piece. The accounts (store, various large purchase accounts and the Visaare issued by DSNB = Department Stores National Bank, which is a joint venture between Citi and Macys. Citi actually owns the accounts, but they are administered by DSNB,

So does that mean Citibank likes meOr are all the decisions made only by Macy's?

That also is a tricky piece. DSNB administers the accounts, so I assume they are making the decisions. However, since they are "partners" with Citi there must be some ground rules. Personally I thought I was not liked by Citi, but following years of a successfully rebuilt relationship with Macys I did receive two pre-app offers from Citi, one of which I acted on. I was approved and subsequently given a CLI. My Citi APR is also very low (6.99%). Does one relate to the other? Who knows! Maybe, but probably only obliquely. However, being good with Macys cannot be anything other than a plus with Citi.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.