Re: Macy's Store Card to AmEx

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

I've read some old posts on the board that say it can be done with a SP, but a weekend person at the Credit Dept said they would need to pull Hard. The proper dept was closed for the weekend anyway, so I'd have to call back tomorrow, but does anyone know what the current situation is there? 

Well I logged in and did it via chat. They did say it could take up to 30 days. But I believe it is soft pull. But I don't care even if it is hard pull as long as I get amex version. Not sure what criteria they se. Experian fico. 698 at moment. Clear and clean file at last. I haven't used. My Macy's in a while so I hope they don't hold that against me. 

This ^^^^ is correct.. I did mine also via chat.  Got the 30 day response and it was a soft pull..

How long before. You knew you were approved? 

The card just showed on my accounts after 2 weeks.  So usually in 2 weeks, you should get the answer...

Ok thanks. I'm not concerned on getting approved. But that all these trade lines showing up separate on report. Macy's store. Macy's club. Macy's special event. And now Macy's amex. Geez. 4 trade lines. 

So far I've survived as well. I think we'll be fine. Lol

Just don't want to kill AAOA any further. 

Message 11 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's Store Card to AmEx

@taxi818 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

I've read some old posts on the board that say it can be done with a SP, but a weekend person at the Credit Dept said they would need to pull Hard. The proper dept was closed for the weekend anyway, so I'd have to call back tomorrow, but does anyone know what the current situation is there? 

Well I logged in and did it via chat. They did say it could take up to 30 days. But I believe it is soft pull. But I don't care even if it is hard pull as long as I get amex version. Not sure what criteria they se. Experian fico. 698 at moment. Clear and clean file at last. I haven't used. My Macy's in a while so I hope they don't hold that against me. 

This ^^^^ is correct.. I did mine also via chat.  Got the 30 day response and it was a soft pull..

How long before. You knew you were approved? 

The card just showed on my accounts after 2 weeks.  So usually in 2 weeks, you should get the answer...

Ok thanks. I'm not concerned on getting approved. But that all these trade lines showing up separate on report. Macy's store. Macy's club. Macy's special event. And now Macy's amex. Geez. 4 trade lines. 

So far I've survived as well. I think we'll be fine. Lol

Just don't want to kill AAOA any further. 

At a certain point, I just stopped thinking about it as much. It never seems to go down too much at all anymore and in like a month or two it's alredy going up yet again.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.