cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store Card was just upgraded to Visa!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Store Card was just upgraded to Visa!!!

I think they are interested in seeing you spend a lot of money with them.  They upgraded my card to the Platinum level after I reached $1000 in spending, but they never upgraded my card to the Gold after spending $500.  I received the Platinum card after I requested a CLI. 

I started out with a $100 credit limit in March and now my store card limit is $1,000.  The rep told me to call back after my next statement cuts and ask for another CLI.  

I would go for it, especially since you spend so much there!  

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so the Credit God's must be shining their lights on me today!

I just called Citi and requested a CLI...the CSR told me that they would have review my credit and that I could call back in 30 minutres or check online...

I logged into my account 5 minutes later and my credit was increased to $1,500.  That is a $660 increase!  The last increase they gave me was for a measley $40.00 almost a year ago!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

if  u dont mind me asking, what was ur credit score looking like. i had my card since 2007 and still stuck with a 300 cl. every time i ask for a cli was denied. so any thing would be helpful....i love macys my self..

then i called jc penny and they increase me to 1500 from 250, but im thankfuls for that..

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX score is 682 butthey did not pull my credit. I believe they use an internal scoring system for CLI's.  Do you use your card a lot? 

Congrats on CLI from JCP!  That is nice bump!  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i use to, when i first got the card back in 07, pd on it every week, never miss a beat, even up to this day..they will give me 100 cli and take it back....so i stop using my card, right now im just paying it off....it hurts im working hard to rebuild my credit, paying them avery wk, but will not give me a cli..

yes i called several times no luck Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My EX score is 682 butthey did not pull my credit. I believe they use an internal scoring system for CLI's.  Do you use your card a lot? 

Congrats on CLI from JCP!  That is nice bump!  Smiley Happy

Macy's are EX pullers.

They didn't pull your credit and they didn't pull my credit when I accepted their "invitation to accept" a Macy's Visa in June. But that's not to say that Macy's won't pull your credit for a CLI or card app. There's a very fine line between when credit is pulled and when it is not. Just to be safe be sure to expressly state you do not want your credit pulled when asking Macy's for anything. Also, if you are declined, make sure you wait an appropriate period before asking again. Frequent requests will lead to a credit pull.

Macy's likes use, but not solely use. If you don't maintain your credit standing Macy's will take AA, usually in the form of a CLD. They can't do much damage with an RJ - the rates are already pretty high!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.