Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store Card

tag
elsijfdl
Contributor

Macy's Store Card

When you spend enough $ at Macy's to transition to a higher level (red->gold->platinum->elite) how do you know? Do they wait until your present card is expired to send you a new one with the higher status?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's Store Card

@elsijfdl wrote:
When you spend enough $ at Macy's to transition to a higher level (red->gold->platinum->elite) how do you know? Do they wait until your present card is expired to send you a new one with the higher status?

If you want to know where you stand you have to call and ask. They have a ready answer for you. Macys store cards do not have expiration dates. If you do not otherwise ask they will send you a new card at the level attained after the end of the year. However, if you have moved up to a higher level they will send you a new card if you ask. Be aware that their card production is very slow and that the only thing that will change is the color of your card. You get the benefits of the higher level regardless.

Message 2 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You could always add up the purchases on your statements. I think the cutoff date each year is sometime in the early fall. I bought a bed via Macys last August and by October or so I received an Elite card based on that purchase. I do know that you can be downgraded each year too. There's a few posts in here of that happening ( I guess I have to buy a bed every year).

Message 3 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Sure can - it is based on annual purchases. No coasting!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I worked out last week that I should be at the platinum level, sent them an email through their online system asking to be upgraded - they sent me an email back saying yes, you have been upgraded (already showed on my account the next day) got my new card this morning
Message 5 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I worked out last week that I should be at the platinum level, sent them an email through their online system asking to be upgraded - they sent me an email back saying yes, you have been upgraded (already showed on my account the next day) got my new card this morning

Congrats! 

Nice to know they can get out a card quickly once in a while.

Message 6 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

So if you're "downgraded" you can still use the elite card since all that changes is the color?
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The plastic will work. You will get the benefits of whatever level you are currently at.
Message 8 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Red Star Rewards $0-$499
Gold Star Rewards $500-$999
Platinum Star Rewards $1000-$2499
Elite Star Rewards $2500 and above

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.