Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store and Macy's Amex Account HOLD

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Store and Macy's Amex Account HOLD

Have not used the card at all... Have not moved in over a year... I log in and see "There is a problem with your account, please call us to make sure future charges are not declined"

I first sent a secure message saying, what seems to be the problem, both accounts are zero balances and no charges have been made or attempted to be made... I got an almost auto response back NEARLY A MONTH later today saying please call customer service if you have any issues... Clearly that person should keep their job for reading the question!

I called and stated to first rep that I had an alert online when I sign in to call in about security issues on the account.

She didn't get it the first time, I repeated and then she said please hold while I transfer you to "Online Technical Support"

I said... WAIT, did you say tech support? Why would tech support have anything to do with security issues?

She said, oh, sorry, maybe I misunderstood you, what did you say you couldn't do?

I said (for the 3rd time) I have no issues doing anything, when I log in, I have an alert saying you need to speak to me about FRAUD for some reason... if you do not see it on your end I will ignore it, as I don't care and don't have the time!

She puts me on hold for 15 minutes... now I'm fuming!

comes back and says I have someone from fraud department that needs to talk to primary card member (it's a joint account) to answer public records.

I said no, transfer me I can answer them,

She warned me that if I failed the account will remain locked until primary calls in... I said that is fine.

He comes on the phone and doesn't ask public record questions at all, he asks for phone number, DOB, and last 4 of social

Says you passed, and I can remove the hold.

I said great, but we are 21 minutes into this call, we have not moved, we have not made account changes, and we have not made purchases on either line, WHAT caused this to go to fraud to begin with?!

He said it could be anything, charges, something on the card.

I said, but there have been none!

he said yes that is true

I said so again I ask, Why did the account go to fraud lock if no charges were attempted, or made, or changes had been made, did I breath in the wrong direction?

He said I'm sorry, it could be anything, but I have removed it now.

EPIC!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Store and Macy's Amex Account HOLD

I am quite fed up with their site and calling in. It took 25 days to respond back to my inquiry about a partial late refund that should have been the whole amount. I am still waiting on an answer that wasn't even answered. Their site also only seems to work half the time. I am not a fan of Macys right now. I tried calling in and hung up after a 45 min hold wait. I will eat the $13 and may never touch the card again...who knows. I may use it next week. Just bad wait times and turn arounds.

Are you going to use the card and see if it works now?

Message 2 of 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I opened a Macy's card online a couple months back, their site is terrible and frustrating. I registered my account online and entered all the required info. A week later I get a letter from their fraud department saying an email address I entered is different than the one I have on file. I registered with the same email address that I used to apply with, so I haven't a clue what they're talking about. I call and they said oh it's fine disregard that letter. Geez what a waste of time, thankfully it was only 10 minutes.
Message 3 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

that is so annoyng! calling macy's credit card services is beyond a daunting task. can you please give me an option to speak with a live person! its like u have to hear your account summary, blah blah blah stuff 100 times before they will let u talk to someone, ridic! 

Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I LOVE reading your CC stories!! I have been reading them for the last 3 1/2 yrs, and they keep getting better every single time, LMAO!!!!! Almost as classic as the Comenity ones...LORD!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The whole change is just not working.  And I am a bit surprised Macy's is not listening to their customers.  The user interaction is just not working especially for me.. And such stories don't help either.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry this happened to you, CA. You handled it really well. Smiley Happy

At Macy's and with DSNB in general, I have received the impression that the whole operation is not well organized, and that the right hand does not know what the left is doing. On several occasions, I've had orders canceled using my Macy's card, and had to go back and call them and get transferred around just to get the orders reinstated. We used to order kitchen and bath items from Macy's, as well as gift cards for an elderly family member and for daughter in college. 8 orders out of 28 being canceled is not a very great track record for Macy's.

Supposedly their fraud department cancels random orders from time to time pending verification. No other store I have ever shopped with actually cancels orders and makes the customer scramble around to get the thing reinstated.

You receive an e-mail about 24 hours after the order is canceled, and have to call in and get routed around for 45 minutes of genuine fun on the phone to complete verification and to get the order reinstated.

Just not well organized, and not customer-focused. Macy's is having financial trouble as a company, so it may be a sinking ship.

When I first applied for the Macy's card, they claimed there was another phone number on my credit report that didn't match the one I provided. I called each credit reporting agency and confirmed that the only phone number on file was the same phone number I have had for more than 10 years. It was the same number I had provided to Macy's.

I canceled my Macy's card because my time is too valuable to deal with this unorganized hassle. I've kept my Bloomingdale's card for now, but we will see how it goes.

If you google "Macy's complaints", you will see many people reporting a less than smooth experience as well, unfortunately. I wish this were not the case as I would like them to do better for customers.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.