Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's - The New Soup naz!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's - The New Soup naz!

So my wife called Macy's this weekend, several times in fact. I had her put the third call on speakerphone so I could hear what they were saying. Now I honestly believe some of you have received the GLI's like you say, but either:

1) Macy's hates my wife, for some reason. OR

2) Some of you might be exaggerating your Macy's success stories.

The reason I say this is that I heard the Macy's rep Monique actually say this to my wife. "You need to pay on time for 1 year before you can get an increase with Macy's." Her six month ban on an increase is now a year ban.

If anyone here works for Macy's credit department send me a PM and let me know what the scoop is, and how some people can get insane increases but my wife who spends insane amounts there can't. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's - The New Soup naz!

I would ask to talk to a supervisor and ask why you are getting such a drastically different experience from people you know.
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Monique was the "supervisor". She is Shawniqua's boss (sorry if I spelled her name wrong she was actually a nice lady). Neither of whom have anything to do with Alex from the overseas call center. (My wife lodged some complaints about him, poor attitude and very poor customer service skills.)

My wife mentioned MyFICO, and all the increases people on here seem to get. Monique assured my wife that the only way they are getting increases is if they have held their accounts longer than one year, and have made significant purchases to get those increases. She swore to my wife that nobody under her supervision has the authorization to grant a GLI to any account that is less than 1 year old.

They did say that my wife has already spent enough this year so that when her card expires in November she will be sent a Platinum card, and if she spends just 1100 more dollars between now and Oct 20th she can get the Elite black card.

I told my wife with a tiny limit like we have that would mean weekly trips to Macy's to buy 100 bucks then pay 100 bucks that same day, and I'd rather not with gas so expensive and Macy's being 15 miles away. 

Message 3 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have had my account 6 months and have 2 GLI, doubling the then current limit each time on both macys store card and macys visa.  There has always been an offer of an increase but I have always ASKED for the double increases, which put me on hold but always came back short time later and said no problem and put the increase through.

I have FULLY utilized my CL at each level I have been at for the last 6 months and have always paid both accounts to $0 right before asking for the GLI.

In addition I was upgraded to ELITE shortly after day 30 of having the account... I have recently heard that they have switched over to only doing upgrades once a year vs. as you become eligible but have also heard if you talk to the right person, they will still to the upgrade and send out the new cards.

I hope this helps, monigue and other girl are JUST WRONG and I would not be afraid to tell them they are wrong and to get someone on the phone that knows what there job is and what there GLI requirements are. 

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a name who you spoke to so my DW can ask for that person?

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

My account with Macy's was opened last May with a measly $200 limit.  I called in Feb or March (the backdoor number, of course) for a CLI and got bumped up $100.  I know it isn't much, but at least it's something.  Also, I don't use my card as much as they would probably like, but when I do I pay it in full before the statement.  Try the backdoor number if you haven't already, and I'm sure if you are putting on a decent amount and paying in full every month they shouldn't have any issues bumping you up (at least a little bit).

Message 6 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have always just called the number on the back of my card. sorry
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not only do we pay in full every month we pay in full several times a month because of the tiny limit. She did use the backdoor number since the number on her card always seems to get her overseas.

Message 8 of 33
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, that supervisor your wife spoke absolutely does not know what she is talking about, I would definitely keep on on calling until you get some head way on your situation.  But let me tell you my experience.  I applied for this card last May of 08 still with a BK from year 99 on my cr also with a quite a few baddies on my ex report at that time I recieved a $200.00 cl 3 months later I called for a gli and only recieved $100.00 bringing me to $300.00 then 3 months later in November called again this time stating could only give me $100.00 again I was upset at this point as I have spent over $1,000 in purchases by then so I ask to speak with a supervisor and I ended up getting a $400.00 gli but macy's tried to pull a fast one with a hard pull for that increase which was later taken off my cr as they cannot do a hard pull for gli's, in febuary I called again and recieved a $300.00 gli in which now I have $1000.00 cl, so please be persistant as you can see I have not even had my card over a year yet.  GL

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
I have always just called the number on the back of my card. sorry

I too have called the number on the back of the card twice and asked for increases and got them. The 1st time the rep asked me how much of an increase i would like I said $800 and got it and the second time they told me they could give me $500. Hope it works out and she can also get an increase.
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.