Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's - The New Soup naz!

tag
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's - The New Soup naz!

Do they gotta Platinum room? I never knew they had those rooms guess my Macys in Kansas is cheap !
Message 21 of 33
SYale2010
Valued Member

Beverly Hills you say? I am going to need to check that out on my way home from school, as I go to school in Orange County.

Anyways, I got my Macy's card when I started employment with them last Auguest. Since then, I have gotten 2 GLI, and they said the next one I was eligible for would be in 3 billing cycles (she insisted to wait 4 statements to come to not confuse any sort of billing statement math). 

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my Macys card for 7-8 mos and have received two GLIs - each at 3 months. I recall asking at one point when you could request an increase and the representative advised me every 3 mos as long as the account is in good standing.

I reach Platinum status last month and received a new card about 1 1/2 weeks later. I am totally clueless about what is happening with your account.

Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 03-24-2009 09:12 PM
Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 03-24-2009 09:13 PM
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my card back in September and have gotten 2 GLI. I Began with a $100.00 Cl and now have a $300.00 CLI. When my sixth statement cut I called for a cli but was declined, I called the following day for a cli and was declined, I called the day after that and was approved for the cli.
Message 24 of 33
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my Macys card for 7-8 mos and have received two GLIs - each at 3 months. I recall asking at one point when you could request an increase and the representative advised me every 3 mos as long as the account is in good standing.

I reach Platinum status last month and received a new card about 1 1/2 weeks later. I am totally clueless about what is happening with your account.

So whats going on with my account?  I've had mine since 9/08 and have not received one single GLI, oh its probably because my mom went over the credit limit, and didnt pay on time. Since i have been managing it i make sure its paid now, whether i have used it or not!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So whats going on with my account?  I've had mine since 9/08 and have not received one single GLI, oh its probably because my mom went over the credit limit, and didnt pay on time. Since i have been managing it i make sure its paid now, whether i have used it or not!

That is exactly why you have not received a GLI based on the information I was given previously. You didnt mention this happened to you, however Macys policy is to CLD if you miss a payment - even if only by a day and even if you normally pay on time.

A representative advised me of that policy as well. I actually had it happen to me, however I was able to get my guideline back because it was a Macys online error. Thank goodness I always print what shows as my payment amt due and due date.

Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 03-24-2009 10:55 PM
Message 26 of 33
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

So do you think i am flagged now? How long do you think it will take for me to recover from this, and to actually get them to consider me for GLI. Only was late once, and over the limit once, i think that happend around Dec.

Thanks

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its funny because every single time i have called macys they are glad to give me a CGI, i mean they arent much 300-400 increases but they always say yes.
Message 28 of 33
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Mine just turned one year & I've received three increases already.  All at my request.  We're calling for #4 next week. 
Message 29 of 33
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Pappy, I promise you, I got a GLI last week for $400, bringing my CLI to $1200.  And they asked me if that was ok, so I think I might have been allotted more had I pushed it.  (Next time I will.)

I have had my card since December.

It is a store card. Not sure if that makes a difference, but wanted you to know...is DW's a store or Visa?

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.