Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

Macy's Underwriting

I tried the numbers in the backdoor thread, but I couldn't find anyone that would do a CLI on my Macy's card without a hard pull. The first rep said the credit bureau decides if it was a hard or soft pull (lol!), so I called back. The second rep first told me my card was inactive and therefore first needed a hard pull to be re-opened (lol again), but after looking more closely at the account he corrected himself but said unfortunately the system was prompting him for a hard pull for CLI.

It is my understanding that some of you have had success getting a CLI with a soft pull. Does anyone have a different number I can try?

Regular Contributor
Tommy5746

Re: Macy's Underwriting

SwampSystems wrote:

I tried the numbers in the backdoor thread, but I couldn't find anyone that would do a CLI on my Macy's card without a hard pull. The first rep said the credit bureau decides if it was a hard or soft pull (lol!), so I called back. The second rep first told me my card was inactive and therefore first needed a hard pull to be re-opened (lol again), but after looking more closely at the account he corrected himself but said unfortunately the system was prompting him for a hard pull for CLI.

It is my understanding that some of you have had success getting a CLI with a soft pull. Does anyone have a different number I can try?

Try CLI@MacysIsTheDevil.com lol in all seriousness everytime i've ever tried to get a CLI with Macys it's never happened.. Whats your current CL with them?? You have the store card or the amex?

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

I have the store card. I used to have a $1500 limit, and then somehow it started reporting as closed by account holder with a $100 limit. So I took a hard pull to re-open it in June... with an $800 limit. At least it still reports as the same tradeline with the original opening date.

Regular Contributor
Tommy5746

SwampSystems wrote:

I have the store card. I used to have a $1500 limit, and then somehow it started reporting as closed by account holder with a $100 limit. So I took a hard pull to re-open it in June... with an $800 limit. At least it still reports as the same tradeline with the original opening date.

Well then at least its still reporting your original TL...

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Two months ago I initiated a chat with a representative to have it raised. She said since they already have all the information, they will make an internal decision. I do know that they soft pull every few months for reviews though.

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

I personally got a soft pull for a cli from 3k to 3.5 in July.

I called the number on the back of tr card and hit 0 for a person. She called underwriting and I asked for 3.5 and they auto approved.

Card was 1 year 8 months though used once every four.
Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

Tommy5746 wrote:

SwampSystems wrote:

Well then at least its still reporting your original TL...

Yeah, that's why I took the hit to have it re-opened. It's one of my oldest tradelines, so I figured it would be good to keep even if I wasn't going to use it. But lately I'm starting to think with that small of a limit that it might be hurting me.

Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

I got a CLI last week and it was a hp. FYI, Macys will always hp for a cli.

Established Contributor
namvet

My Macy's card received a CLI at the 6 month mark.  It was auto and there were no hard pulls.  The card had minimal use and no balance.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}