Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Underwriting

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Macy's Underwriting

I tried the numbers in the backdoor thread, but I couldn't find anyone that would do a CLI on my Macy's card without a hard pull. The first rep said the credit bureau decides if it was a hard or soft pull (lol!), so I called back. The second rep first told me my card was inactive and therefore first needed a hard pull to be re-opened (lol again), but after looking more closely at the account he corrected himself but said unfortunately the system was prompting him for a hard pull for CLI.

It is my understanding that some of you have had success getting a CLI with a soft pull. Does anyone have a different number I can try?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's Underwriting

@SwampSystems wrote:

I tried the numbers in the backdoor thread, but I couldn't find anyone that would do a CLI on my Macy's card without a hard pull. The first rep said the credit bureau decides if it was a hard or soft pull (lol!), so I called back. The second rep first told me my card was inactive and therefore first needed a hard pull to be re-opened (lol again), but after looking more closely at the account he corrected himself but said unfortunately the system was prompting him for a hard pull for CLI.

It is my understanding that some of you have had success getting a CLI with a soft pull. Does anyone have a different number I can try?

Try CLI@MacysIsTheDevil.com lol in all seriousness everytime i've ever tried to get a CLI with Macys it's never happened.. Whats your current CL with them?? You have the store card or the amex?

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

I have the store card. I used to have a $1500 limit, and then somehow it started reporting as closed by account holder with a $100 limit. So I took a hard pull to re-open it in June... with an $800 limit. At least it still reports as the same tradeline with the original opening date.

Message 3 of 9
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

I have the store card. I used to have a $1500 limit, and then somehow it started reporting as closed by account holder with a $100 limit. So I took a hard pull to re-open it in June... with an $800 limit. At least it still reports as the same tradeline with the original opening date.

Well then at least its still reporting your original TL...

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Two months ago I initiated a chat with a representative to have it raised. She said since they already have all the information, they will make an internal decision. I do know that they soft pull every few months for reviews though.

Message 5 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

I personally got a soft pull for a cli from 3k to 3.5 in July.

I called the number on the back of tr card and hit 0 for a person. She called underwriting and I asked for 3.5 and they auto approved.

Card was 1 year 8 months though used once every four.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 9
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

Well then at least its still reporting your original TL...

Yeah, that's why I took the hit to have it re-opened. It's one of my oldest tradelines, so I figured it would be good to keep even if I wasn't going to use it. But lately I'm starting to think with that small of a limit that it might be hurting me.

Message 7 of 9
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I got a CLI last week and it was a hp. FYI, Macys will always hp for a cli.

Message 8 of 9
namvet
Established Contributor

My Macy's card received a CLI at the 6 month mark.  It was auto and there were no hard pulls.  The card had minimal use and no balance.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.