Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Visa GLI

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's Visa GLI

@Anonymous wrote:
DH app'd for store card and received Visa less than a month ago at $1,200.  He called and asked for an instant CLI.  Was rejected and told to wait 3 months.  However, his Visa now reports at $1,500.  How can we tell what his store card limit is?  Online, it shows his Visa limit, but not his or my store card limit.  And on our mortgage pull, it appears as two accounts, when we pull EQ it appears as one.  I'm a little confused on this one.

1) The store GL does not appear online or even on the statement. The only ways to know what it is is to call in and get your balance from the audio response system or talk to somebody.

2) The Macy's Store and Macy's Visa accounts are two separate accounts accessed using the same plastic card. They report as two different TL's: MACYS DSNB and VISA DSNB. The Visa does not report to TU.

Both of the points have been frequently discussed in the past.

Message 11 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I have had a Macy's store card for about a year and 9 months with a current CL of $5,300. What do I need to do in order to qualify for the Visa? Should I call and ask to see if I'm eligible for the upgrade?

There are two ways to get a Macys Visa:

1) App in store, (this is per Macy's web site), or

2) Wait until they give it to you by invitation.

This is a higher APR card and I would never have applied for it. I was offered the card by invitation and accepted. There was no INQ, so just a new account hit. That was a good deal. The Macys Visa TL does not report to TU.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

The Macy's Store and Macy's Visa accounts are two separate accounts accessed using the same plastic card. They report as two different TL's: MACYS DSNB and VISA DSNB. The Visa does not report to TU. 

DH's Macy's Visa is not reporting as two different TL's on EQ.  Perhaps it will at a later date.......

I also note that am able to see his store CL on his EQ.  Interesting that they did up his Visa limit when he called in even though they refused to up his store limit - that was a lovely surprise.

Message 13 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

The Macy's Store and Macy's Visa accounts are two separate accounts accessed using the same plastic card. They report as two different TL's: MACYS DSNB and VISA DSNB. The Visa does not report to TU. 

DH's Macy's Visa is not reporting as two different TL's on EQ.  Perhaps it will at a later date.......

I also note that am able to see his store CL on his EQ.  Interesting that they did up his Visa limit when he called in even though they refused to up his store limit - that was a lovely surprise.

That's how they report and they are slow reporting the first time.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.