Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Visa Rate Jack

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Visa Rate Jack

Last month got notice that my store card was going to 24.99%, no biggie, it was already 22.99%

I received my Visa bill today and my apr has been raised from the 16.9% up to 24.50%

I can't take many more of these adjustments 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's Visa Rate Jack

LOL, while calling to find out why the increase (supposedly all Macy's store card and Visa cards for ALL cardholders are now 24.50%, "because of economy" I asked for and was granted a $700 CLI to store card bringing me up to $10700.00 now. HAHA
Message 2 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

My already pathetic 19.49% Macy's Visa APR is still intact as of 22NOV. They can raise it if they want. It's already high enough that this is a must PIF credit card anyway. I would, in fact, be pretty happy to trade an APRI for a higher CL. I'm just waiting until the Visa turns six months before I ask for an increase.

Did you get a notice of this change? I don't recall having seen anything from them at all.

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got notice for store card but got no notice for visa
Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

My store card APR is at 22.9%, but it has not gotten much use lately. The last time they cut a statement was 17SEP. Unlike the store card my Macy's Visa is used every month. This is largely due to the closing date of the statement period. There is one week in the month when my Macy's Visa is the best card to use so I can report PIF on all the others.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.