Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's account closed!!

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's account closed!!

@JRomulus wrote:

Totally understand your frustration.  It's the whole Federated Dept. store mentality, they are absolutely clueless and wouldn't know a good credit risk from a bad one.

About 2 years ago I had a $1400 credit limit with them, a zero balance and was in a long line to check out in August with $400 of back to school clothes for my son.  I got to the register, and charge declined.  I called them right there on the spot and they said "we reduced your CL to $100". 

I was so ticked, I told her to cancel the card on the spot and left all the clothes there at the register.

In all honesty, there was nothing in my credit history or then current situation that would have warranted that.  I wrote it off to the whole mess the economy was in, and lots of CL's were being cut, often indescriminately.  But what fried me was that they could have emailed me about it and let me know rather than find out with 10 people behind me in line.

Kohl's stuff is cheaper, Nordstrom's are nicer and Macy's no longer has ANY of my family's business.

I'm sure the sales associate appreciated cleaning up after you...
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.