Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's account showing statements prior to approval date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's account showing statements prior to approval date

Has anyone else noticed that their Macy's account lists statements for months prior to the actual opening date of the account?

When logging into their site, I have access to phantom statements for the three months prior to my account being opened. Account was opened last week, and there are statements for Dec 2007, Jan 2008, Feb 2008. No activity on those statements, but they're definitely there.

Makes me wonder if they do that to meet some sort of year-end quota.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's account showing statements prior to approval date

They knew you were coming.........

I dunno. You got me on that.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's account showing statements prior to approval date

mjgray wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that their Macy's account lists statements for months prior to the actual opening date of the account?

When logging into their site, I have access to phantom statements for the three months prior to my account being opened. Account was opened last week, and there are statements for Dec 2007, Jan 2008, Feb 2008. No activity on those statements, but they're definitely there.

Makes me wonder if they do that to meet some sort of year-end quota.

This most likely appears on everyone's Macy's account page, regardless if their accounts are new or old.  These pages are not always tailored to the individual cardholder's unique credit situation.  I have the same 3 available statements showing on my Accounts page, even though I only use my Macy's card once a year. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.