Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's after C/O?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's after C/O?

Still kinda wondering about this! Anyone have an experience?

Im tempted to call and chat with a rep soon just to see what they would say. This is due to fall off my report in October and way past the SOL here in Hawaii so nothing to lose really right? haha

Message 11 of 20
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

So I had a Macy's card for several years prior to declaring Chapt 7 BK in 2012. I had a perfect payment hx with them and several CL increases. I never intended for the acct to be included in BK and thought I had paid it off in full prior to filing. Unfortunately one charge of $62.08 was still outstanding and got included in the BK. I have wriitten several letters, called the Exec offices etc with no luck. Last week I wrote Macy's CEO a handwritten letter and included a personal check for $62.08. I will let you know how that goes. I have been told by the regular CSR that as long as that acct shows included in Chapt 7 BK  on my bureau I will never be approved.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

So I had a Macy's card for several years prior to declaring Chapt 7 BK in 2012. I had a perfect payment hx with them and several CL increases. I never intended for the acct to be included in BK and thought I had paid it off in full prior to filing. Unfortunately one charge of $62.08 was still outstanding and got included in the BK. I have wriitten several letters, called the Exec offices etc with no luck. Last week I wrote Macy's CEO a handwritten letter and included a personal check for $62.08. I will let you know how that goes. I have been told by the regular CSR that as long as that acct shows included in Chapt 7 BK  on my bureau I will never be approved.

Yes please do keep me updated. I have seen some old posts on here of people paying charge offs and then getting a new CC issued with a limit in the amout of the charge off. So there may be hope down the line I let my card charge off for a few hundred dollars but I was going through a rough patch and after I wanted to start up again I had no clue how to even go about fixing things not to mention the "shame" of it all. Oh well all we can do it learn and try to fix the mistakes if we can. I'll probably call Macy's soon to see what my options are.

Message 13 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

macys is another lender that has long memory. even if you pay it. they will not let you back in any time soon. maybe after a couple of years. they are also not very Bk friendly. my brother has been trying for 2 years. but his bk is only 3years old. appears. after 4 years with bk they will let you back in. looks like the only real way would be to go through others until this has had some time between the charge off and them. like a couple of years. but hey. nothing ventured, nothing gained. it does not hurt to try for sure.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

GL

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright so Im just gonna call later next week while im on "vacation" and talk to somone. I wanna pay them what I owe anyway bit I just want to know what my chances will be of getting back in after I do that.....you know like how long I should wait to reapp ect.

Looked and the back door number thread and saw 3 different #'s anyone know what one I should call? Im assuming its Macy's: 800-543-9617 (Recovery Services)???

Message 16 of 20
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I would write a letter to the Exec office rather than calling. I have heard others posting here that had success in doing just that.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

I would write a letter to the Exec office rather than calling. I have heard others posting here that had success in doing just that.

Though about that as well. Anyone have the contact information (address) for Macys ExecutiveOffice?  Should I just goole it?

Message 18 of 20
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Macy's Corporate Office Address Macy's Inc. 7 W Seventh St Cincinnati, OH 45202---------- Macy's Phone Number: (513) 579-7000 Fax Number: (302) 636-5454

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Macy's Corporate Office Address Macy's Inc. 7 W Seventh St Cincinnati, OH 45202---------- Macy's Phone Number: (513) 579-7000 Fax Number: (302) 636-5454

Thanks. Was thinking this was it when I googled it.

-Aloha

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.