Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's & inactive account, yet open, Please note below - GREAT SUCCESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's & inactive account, yet open, Please note below

@Anonymous wrote:
I would not call again. Don't need to stir the pot or get in touch with a CSR that may be able to really close the account. It may just be in an inactive state and sometimes using the card will wake things up even if the CSR does say it's closed.

I don't think calling again is going to get the account closed. If they were going to take action, I think they would have the first time you called. My point is sometimes the answers you get depend on the CSR you happen to speak with. Also a supervisor usually has a little more power with performing requests the average CSR may not be able to do.

But I do agree with UpUpUp that going to the store, ready to buy may be your best option.
Message 11 of 16
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

I had an old macys card that went inactive. It was called Filenes and then macy's bought them out. Anyways I had the old filenes card(inactive). Called macys to send me new card that had their name on it. Got it in mail, went to use it in store, was still inactive, they asked for my ss#(hard pull), card was then activated again. Still have my original cardholder since 1997 on new card.
Message 12 of 16
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

I would like to thank everyone for their input and advice

I went the Store ROUTE.. we bought like 150 dollars worth of clothes, there was an extra 15% per item for Macy;s Card holders, so my wife told the Lady at the counter that she wants her card discount applied but she lost the card. Ofcourse the account came up as inactive so the lady had to call the 800 number, and after she was on hold for few minutes, she asked if we changed address but it was actually the same, ( wife lived in same address since 97) and then she was given an approval code.
As soon as we walked out we called the Macy's 800 number requested a card in the mail and added me as an authorized user.

Last time she used the card was 5/2000

I am glad I came here for advice and input, I almost gave up after the first CSR said that card has been inactive for too long and there is nothing he can do

this will be a fantastic BOOST to my average age. that otherwise only goes back as far as 2003, 2004 or so

Message Edited by pokerpro on 09-02-2008 05:12 AM

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I had a really good feeling this would work out. Congrats on the extra years of history! Woo hoo!!
Message 14 of 16
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

UpUpUp - thank you so much for the valuable advice about the store

It will be exciting to see any impact it may have on my score

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad it worked out!  Keep us posted!

pokerpro wrote:
UpUpUp - thank you so much for the valuable advice about the store

It will be exciting to see any impact it may have on my score

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.