Established Member
Givemesomecredit

Re: Macy's & inactive account, yet open, Please note below

UpUpUp wrote:
I would not call again. Don't need to stir the pot or get in touch with a CSR that may be able to really close the account. It may just be in an inactive state and sometimes using the card will wake things up even if the CSR does say it's closed.

I don't think calling again is going to get the account closed. If they were going to take action, I think they would have the first time you called. My point is sometimes the answers you get depend on the CSR you happen to speak with. Also a supervisor usually has a little more power with performing requests the average CSR may not be able to do.

But I do agree with UpUpUp that going to the store, ready to buy may be your best option.
Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

I had an old macys card that went inactive. It was called Filenes and then macy's bought them out. Anyways I had the old filenes card(inactive). Called macys to send me new card that had their name on it. Got it in mail, went to use it in store, was still inactive, they asked for my ss#(hard pull), card was then activated again. Still have my original cardholder since 1997 on new card.
Regular Contributor
pokerpro

[ Edited ]
I would like to thank everyone for their input and advice

I went the Store ROUTE.. we bought like 150 dollars worth of clothes, there was an extra 15% per item for Macy;s Card holders, so my wife told the Lady at the counter that she wants her card discount applied but she lost the card. Ofcourse the account came up as inactive so the lady had to call the 800 number, and after she was on hold for few minutes, she asked if we changed address but it was actually the same, ( wife lived in same address since 97) and then she was given an approval code.
As soon as we walked out we called the Macy's 800 number requested a card in the mail and added me as an authorized user.

Last time she used the card was 5/2000

I am glad I came here for advice and input, I almost gave up after the first CSR said that card has been inactive for too long and there is nothing he can do

this will be a fantastic BOOST to my average age. that otherwise only goes back as far as 2003, 2004 or so

Message Edited by pokerpro on 09-02-2008 05:12 AM

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 751
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Awesome! I had a really good feeling this would work out. Congrats on the extra years of history! Woo hoo!!
Regular Contributor
pokerpro

UpUpUp - thank you so much for the valuable advice about the store

It will be exciting to see any impact it may have on my score

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 751
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

I'm glad it worked out!  Keep us posted!

pokerpro wrote:
UpUpUp - thank you so much for the valuable advice about the store

It will be exciting to see any impact it may have on my score

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+