Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and Bankruptcy

tag
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

Macy's and Bankruptcy

I read online that Macy's is one of the companies that might go bankrupt. If they were going to file bankruptcy, how would that affect people that have macy's credit cards/store cards. Would it affect it in anyway? Would those cards be closed or anything like that?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's and Bankruptcy

ok where did you get that from

cause from what i have been reading in the news

• SEPTEMBER 22, 2009, 10:16 A.M. ET
US Retail Sector Gains As Macy's Is Upgraded By Citigroup

" Macy's shares rose 4.8%. Analyst Deborah Weinswig said the company's My Macy's initiative to target local markets continues to gain traction and should lead to improved sales and margin trends ahead, particularly beginning in 2010. Declining product costs also could lift gross margin by half a percentage point next year, she said. The analyst raised her 2009 to 2011 profit estimates and doubled her price target on the stock to $30."

so thats not going to happen no time soon

Message 2 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Can you possible post the link to that story?

Thanks

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobra19 wrote:

Can you possible post the link to that story?

Thanks

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/macys-localization-focus-is-paying-off-analyst-2009-09-22

Message 4 of 8
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

I was just checking my email this morning, and AOL usually has news on the front page, and thats where I read this.
Message 5 of 8
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

this news was also on yahoo web page today - listing several companies, including Macy's...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was on comcast home page today.  the top 10 companies to go bankrupt. 
Message 7 of 8
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Okay,

I've read about Macy's 1992 bankruptcy and I saw a news clip from December 2008 naming Macy's as a likely candidate for bankruptcy. If this were true (a recent bankruptcy filing), seems like it would be front page news. Since the store was bankrupt before, let's ask the members who have Macy's accounts from 1992 and before what happened.

Message Edited by Safe4Me2 on 09-22-2009 06:15 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.