Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and Blacklisting?

tag
angelita1212
Valued Member

Macy's and Blacklisting?

During the dark period of my credit history in my early 20s, I had a Macy's store card that I had charged off. Needless to say, I paid back the entire balance to Macy's - this was around 2005-06. I never went through a BK.

Now, I have finally gotten my credit back on track - I want to apply for a Macy's card again. Is there a chance that I am blacklisted from opening another Macy's card? 

I am reluctant to just apply without getting an idea of my outcome.

Thanks all!

Don't mind my in progress signature....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's and Blacklisting?

I had a charged off account with macys and after paying it off I was welcomed to apply again. I applied again and was shocked at my approval and the limit was pretty high. I no longer have the account but I wrote a letter asking if I could and I recieved great customer service.

Message 2 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@angelita1212 wrote:

During the dark period of my credit history in my early 20s, I had a Macy's store card that I had charged off. Needless to say, I paid back the entire balance to Macy's - this was around 2005-06. I never went through a BK.

Now, I have finally gotten my credit back on track - I want to apply for a Macy's card again. Is there a chance that I am blacklisted from opening another Macy's card? 

I am reluctant to just apply without getting an idea of my outcome.

Thanks all!

I think if you really want a Macy's CC, try for it.  If you're denied, there's a recon # in the sticky thread Helpful Threads in the Backdoor Numbers link.   I was able to successfully recon my Macy's denial.   They were IIB and just wanted to verify that I was 4+ years out of BK.   If you are system denied, you can probably explain that you PIF after the account was CO'ed and they'll probably approve you with a smallish initial CL (but that can very quickly grow with Macy's).   Good luck!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's and Bloomingdales is 4 years since they lost money on you.

Message 4 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

So it looks like the 4 year mark is for everything.

BTW, OP, a recon will likely result in another HP.   Since you can (eventually) get many different lines of credit on the Macy's without any further HPs (Revolving, Special Events, Club, AMEX), it was worth it for me.   I currently have a Special Events line and the regular Revolving line.   I'm going to ask for the AMEX upgrade in November.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

So it looks like the 4 year mark is for everything.

BTW, OP, a recon will likely result in another HP.   Since you can (eventually) get many different lines of credit on the Macy's without any further HPs (Revolving, Special Events, Club, AMEX), it was worth it for me.   I currently have a Special Events line and the regular Revolving line.   I'm going to ask for the AMEX upgrade in November.

While it was for me, they are correcting it... Macy's and Bloomingdales does 1 pull when you apply and all future requests for CLI and furniture line, jewelry, etc. other than upgrade to amex should be same pull or sp... very few of us have seen HP with CLI and it seems more a fluke than anything since they keep reports on file every 2-3 months.

recon is for sure not suppose to be another hp.

Message 6 of 7
angelita1212
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for your input! At least I know there may be some hope for me still...

I think I'm going to try to apply in November, hopefully the Christmas shopping season will make them generous! Smiley Wink

Don't mind my in progress signature....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.