cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and Bloomingdale's CLI's without a hard pull!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's and Bloomingdale's CLI's without a hard pull!

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Macy's and Bloomingdale's.  Last Saturday  I decided to press my luck since my last round of CLI's without hard pulls.  I've been reading wehre Macy's and Bloomingdalel's "could be" going back to reporting credit lines so I was willing to take the the hit for the hard pulls because I only had one inquiry from December 2010 when I opened my Bloomingdale's account.  Called Macy's first and requested a CLI, verified income and asked if they had my permission to pull my credit and I agreed.  CSR comes back on the line after putting me on hold and says Congradulations!  We are able to grant you a $1200 increase.  I then call Bloomingdale's and go through the same line of questions and received a $800 increase from them.

Well, it has been one full week and still no sign of any hard pulls from either Macy's or Bloomingdale's!  If it is true that they will revert back to reporting credit lines this wil help with my utilization because I am carrying a balance on my Macy's account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's and Bloomingdale's CLI's without a hard pull!

I was told in July that they will, by the end of this year, be reinstating credit lines to store accounts  We're all waiting to see when/if this takes place.  But, yes, it will help with your utilization on the card  when a credit limit is reported.  I personally pay mine in full before the statement cycles to avoid any problems

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm confused you have store cards and requested CLI or you have the Amex version?

How and why are they increasing CL's if they have no CL's.

Now for the Macy's Amex, I got a CLI last month with no pull.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Macy's and Bloomingdale's.  Last Saturday  I decided to press my luck since my last round of CLI's without hard pulls.  I've been reading wehre Macy's and Bloomingdalel's "could be" going back to reporting credit lines so I was willing to take the the hit for the hard pulls because I only had one inquiry from December 2010 when I opened my Bloomingdale's account.  Called Macy's first and requested a CLI, verified income and asked if they had my permission to pull my credit and I agreed.  CSR comes back on the line after putting me on hold and says Congradulations!  We are able to grant you a $1200 increase.  I then call Bloomingdale's and go through the same line of questions and received a $800 increase from them.

Well, it has been one full week and still no sign of any hard pulls from either Macy's or Bloomingdale's!  If it is true that they will revert back to reporting credit lines this wil help with my utilization because I am carrying a balance on my Macy's account.

Has anyone had a CL report from Macy's or called in to "check" your limit?  I was just looking through old post and saw this.  Earlier in August I asked about my limit and was told I didnt have one - if I wanted to make a purchase i would need to tell them the amount and the representative would advise me if it would be approved.  I am not currently showing a limit online. Anyone have any information?

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Has anyone had a CL report from Macy's or called in to "check" your limit?  I was just looking through old post and saw this.  Earlier in August I asked about my limit and was told I didnt have one - if I wanted to make a purchase i would need to tell them the amount and the representative would advise me if it would be approved.  I am not currently showing a limit online. Anyone have any information?

correct none of us have limits... I have a feeling this nice little rep for whatever reason (probably didn't want to hear another customer "cough" (complain) so she just checking purchases until she got a decline and came back and said yes $1200 increase!!!

I hope they bring limits back like been reporting I could really use the $10,700 limit with $0 balance for util.. lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.