Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and Target Auto CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's and Target Auto CLI

Hello, All!

Has anyone gotten an auto CLI from Target or Macy's recently? I recently read that Macy's is doing hard inquiries if you call in to request them. I received my Macy's card in October 2009. I started at $300, but I requested a CLI by phone via the backdoor number, and was approved for $100 CLI without a hard inq.

Also, I have had my Target card (not VISA) for 3 1/2 years. I am still at $500.

I have used these cards pretty regularly (already moved up to GOLD star rewards with Macy's). I carry a balance no more than 2 statements, then I pay in full. Currently both cards have a zero balance.

Thanks,

Jelly

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's and Target Auto CLI

I don't have Macy's but I tried to get a CLI on Target and their system instructed me that they are not considering CLI requests at this time, and they would reevaluate accounts for CLI if/when they offer them in the future. My Target went from $200 to $1000 about 6 months ago, and I was hoping to convert to Visa, but no such luck.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cruthisfamily wrote:

I don't have Macy's but I tried to get a CLI on Target and their system instructed me that they are not considering CLI requests at this time, and they would reevaluate accounts for CLI if/when they offer them in the future. My Target went from $200 to $1000 about 6 months ago, and I was hoping to convert to Visa, but no such luck.

Thanks for your quick reply!!

I got this message, too. But I was wondering, if they are still doing auto CLI ans if anyone has gotten one lately? So many CCC are cutting back on extending credit, even to current card holders. I wonder if Target is doing the same.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my Macy's card in October 2009. I started at $300, but I requested a CLI by phone via the backdoor number, and was approved for $100 CLI without a hard inq.

That's good to hear!  Did the Macy's CLI occur before or after the Feb. 22 CC reform?

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my Macy's card in October 2009. I started at $300, but I requested a CLI by phone via the backdoor number, and was approved for $100 CLI without a hard inq.

That's good to hear!  Did the Macy's CLI occur before or after the Feb. 22 CC reform?

Before.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

well that was great timing, then!

Word on the street is that post Feb. 22, many folks are gettng a hard pull for their Macy's CLI's. 

I opened in July 09, CLI in Oct 09 without a hard pull, CLI in Jan 09 without a hard pull, and CLI in April 10 required a hard pull.

I am thinking that it's one initial hard pull (per consumer) and that they will not hard pull all CLI's going forward - but we will see.

I like my Macy's card.  I'm rebuilding and started at $1000 CL and am now at $3100.  Hope they are very very good to you.  I will stick with them.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well that was great timing, then!

Word on the street is that post Feb. 22, many folks are gettng a hard pull for their Macy's CLI's. 

I opened in July 09, CLI in Oct 09 without a hard pull, CLI in Jan 09 without a hard pull, and CLI in April 10 required a hard pull.

I am thinking that it's one initial hard pull (per consumer) and that they will not hard pull all CLI's going forward - but we will see.

I like my Macy's card.  I'm rebuilding and started at $1000 CL and am now at $3100.  Hope they are very very good to you.  I will stick with them.

Thanks for the info!! I like my Macy's card, too!! Just wish I had a higher limit. Do you think that they will be REQUIRING a hard pull from everyone for the first post-credit card act cli? Or if I let enough time pass with good  use and payment history, I'll get an auto CLI.

BTW: They have already been good to me...they approved me!!! I had a Macy's card years ago, but it was closed as it was IIB. So I am quite grateful.

FYI: I checked my EQ report today and saw that Macy's did an AR (account review) inquiry. This strange as they hard pulled EX to approve me for the card in the first place.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any info on the Target card CLIs?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Anyone?

Message 9 of 16
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any info on the Target card CLIs?

Don't stress yourself out with Target they are the worst store card to have.  I have had this card for since 2008 and NO cli's never been late have spent way over $1,000.00 before a year was even up for a lousy 10% off day spree and believe me there are alot of people on this forum that will say the same thing and hardly any cli's.  Good Luck in your quest.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.