Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and Target Auto CLI

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's and Target Auto CLI

Jellyfish (what a cute name!) - I called Target 2 times and spoke a rep. Got a Visa from them in Oct 09 and wanted an increase in Feb - They said, on both occasions they are not taking consumer initiated requests for CLI's but would review the account when the time comes.  Now, no definitive answer about a time frame either...I asked.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Target card, that I have had for about 10 years.  For about 8 years I had the same credit limit of $300.00, then low and behold 2 years ago, right before Christmas, they raised my limit to $1000.00.  I think $1000.00 is the limit for the store card, as that is what I have read from most people.  Also, it seems that they do this credit increase right before Christmas, usually around the first part of November.  Maybe so you can wait in line on black Friday and spend money!  Smiley Very Happy  I like my Target card, and usually pay it right off, but then seem to be in there the next week and see something else on sale.  So I put it on the card...and pay it off again...it is a vicious cycle.   Good luck!

Message 12 of 16
jrdenver
Established Member

My target card was opened with $1000 probably 3-4 years ago, and got auto CLIs in the first year (as well as conversion to a Visa).

Now it is $3500, but when I called for CLI, I got the same message (not taking requests).  Mine sits sub 1% util, typically.  However I have been known to charge up to 30-40% (and pay it off before it cycles).

TransUnion 696 4/15/2010
Equifax 683 4/15/2010

TransUnion 675 8/30/2010
Equifax 688 8/30/2010

Still trying to get my scores up =\ Opening new trades in the last 12 months didn't help. =(
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Macy's card since 2007 and they've always done auto CLIs about every 6 months or so, about $500 a pop. The last one I received was December 2009. I used to hover right around the limit but I just paid it off so we'll see if that makes a difference. Maybe they just kept bumping me up so I'd keep using the card instead of maxing out and paying it down or leaving it idle.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my Macy's card since 2007 and they've always done auto CLIs about every 6 months or so, about $500 a pop. The last one I received was December 2009. I used to hover right around the limit but I just paid it off so we'll see if that makes a difference. Maybe they just kept bumping me up so I'd keep using the card instead of maxing out and paying it down or leaving it idle.

I'm glad to know that Macy's does auto cli's.  Maybe I'll sit back and relax and see what happens!!

Message 15 of 16
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hmmm....opened my Macy's in September 2009.  I'm at the 7 month mark.  I'm rebuilding and they gave me an 800CL which I was completely shocked by at the time.  I wonder if I will be lucky!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.