Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's annoyance *Update*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's annoyance

@creditguy wrote:
Darn and here I was thinking I was special, with my 30% off. I guess it's their version of salt in the wound. I'm keeping the card for a year than cancelling it, I have no desire to grow it or aspire for their Amex, can't put enough perfume on this pile of garbage called Macy's to make it bearable.

Sadly, you are not alone. There are many similar experience if you google "Macy's complaints" online.

Message 11 of 24
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Welcome to the disgruntled Macy's club. I had nothing but problems with them and their redesigned card member site. They recently sent me an email saying sorry about your recent experience here's 30% off your next order. Funny thing is I never complained to anybody, they must have figured they were so crappy on their own that they should just applolgize. Either way their card still sits in my sock drawer.

I just got the same email. Maybe they are sending it out to all card holders?

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I woke up to some Macy's craziness this morning. I posted a thread. They sent me a notice saying I closed my account, which I didn't. Called them this morining and they said the letter must have been accidentally sent out or the CSR I spoke to last week misunderstood me. Either way it goes she said the letter was an accident because my account is still active. UGH, I don't no what else to expect from them. I need to watch my account real close now. Oh by the way, I think they sent the coupon to all their customers. I went into the store last week and tried to use my coupon. I told the associate I have a 30% off coupon on my phone to let me find it. She said, "Oh we have it". I said, "NO they sent this to me because I was having trouble", she read me back the code. Sure enough it was the same coupon behind the desk that I thought I was the only one who had it. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
Welcome to the disgruntled Macy's club. I had nothing but problems with them and their redesigned card member site. They recently sent me an email saying sorry about your recent experience here's 30% off your next order. Funny thing is I never complained to anybody, they must have figured they were so crappy on their own that they should just applolgize. Either way their card still sits in my sock drawer.

My guess is that all of their CC holders got that coupon (I did), or at least any who have logged in since the conversion.

Message 14 of 24
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Your probably right. They've probably ticked off enough people that they sent out a mass coupon. They could give me a 100% off coupon and it still wouldn't be worth my time, I still prefer a functioning website and card.
Message 15 of 24
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

So far the biggest issue I've had with them is they keep disconnecting my card from my online account. So any time I want to access it online, I have to call them up to reset up my account. Then as soon as I sign out, it's gone -_-

Otherwise, hasn't been too bad. Although I will keep an eye out on my statement for my $20 after spending $150 outside of Macy's...probably would be a good idea to keep that offer letter in a safe place, just in case.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So update now to make me even more upset.

Now that I am able to log into my account finally I see that my available credit is only $22.00 out of $300.00 No pending transaction of any sort or no indication of why it would be that low. Just sent them a message can't be even more frustrated. 

Message 17 of 24
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Your probably right. They've probably ticked off enough people that they sent out a mass coupon. They could give me a 100% off coupon and it still wouldn't be worth my time, I still prefer a functioning website and card.

I also got the 30% off coupon. Have had no issues except they haven't updated my credit reports in 3 months (both Macy's and Bloomies') I've paid off both accounts too which is the part which is more annoying.

Statements just cut for both cards recently with a bit of a credit balance so maybe something will finally happen...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So update now to make me even more upset.

Now that I am able to log into my account finally I see that my available credit is only $22.00 out of $300.00 No pending transaction of any sort or no indication of why it would be that low. Just sent them a message can't be even more frustrated. 

There's something funky going on with your account. Do they have a CS department in the store? Years ago larger department stores used to have CS departments. You may want to look into it.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

There system isn't 100% since the changeover. My Bloomingdales Am Ex doesn't even show up on line but I got a bill in the mail. Had to pay by phone.

That 30% off crap is slick.You only have this week to use it. They are trying to force us in the store now because it is slow in all department stores until Black Friday. 

Just use your card in store until they get the online accounts in sync. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.