cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's application with an unpaid Federal Tax Lien?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's application with an unpaid Federal Tax Lien?

if you want it apply... you can always recon the denial and even toy limits can grow extremely fast!

if your friend applied online, he should call to go through verification and they will up the limit once that is done... they really don't like online apps, you should apply in store (they trust the verification better!)

Message 11 of 13
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

if you want it apply... you can always recon the denial and even toy limits can grow extremely fast!

if your friend applied online, he should call to go through verification and they will up the limit once that is done... they really don't like online apps, you should apply in store (they trust the verification better!)

+1.   I was denied in store (Macy's was iIB).  However, I called the backdoor number and was approved on recon, since the BK was >4 yrs out.  So if you want it, go for it and recon if denied.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eric19k-

I am not planning on applying for months. I asked this question for iinvestigative purposes.  I have a financial goals bucket list, so to speak, and am making notes. 

According to my friend, who is a mortgage broker, my credit reports fair very well right now.

A Barclay card "was" on the list but after months of reading how they will close your account if they don't like something you do, that one is crossed off. I don't need an anal credit card bank to worry with.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.