roscoe

Macy's changing to amex

Just found out Macy's is changing my visa card to an american express.  This card is both a store card and a regular visa.  Of course my acct # will change and the visa will be canceled.  How will this affect me and my score?  I really don't need an amex but will probably keep it.  Does this show up like I've canceled the card?  Does it show up somewhere that it was done by the company and not me?  Does it look like I've opened new credit?  This isn't  the first time my cc companies make decisions for me.  Don't like my score being messed with.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Macy's changing to amex

should not effect your credit. I would imagine the amex will report as opened when you opened your visa

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Ulan

Re: Macy's changing to amex

I also heard that the history and everything should remain, just the account number(s) change(s). I guess the effect would be similar to getting a replacement card for a compromised credit card, where the issuer normally just replaces the number and keeps everything else the same. The issuer (Citi) will still be the same as before.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+