cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's combining accounts, (for those of you that have 2 accounts), thoughts?

tag
jimmyt2003
Established Member

Macy's combining accounts, (for those of you that have 2 accounts), thoughts?

I do and don't like this idea...  

Chase Military Star $4K, IHG $5K, Amazon $3K, INK $5K | BOA AAA $2.5K, Visa $4.7K, Amex $2.5K | US BANK ACE $2K | BARCLAYS WS $3.5K | CAP1 - GM $3K | COMENITY TV $3.8K | DISCOVER IT $6.4K | DSNB AMEX $6K, STORE $1K | CITI HILTON $3K, HOME DEPOT $1.5K, EXXON $1K, CITGO $800, BEST BUY MC $300 | USAA Amex $6K, WWP $3.5K, Visa $4K, MC $1.5K | SYNCRONY WM MC $4.3K, STORE $3.3K, LOWES $8.5K, GAP VISA $3K, AMAZON SC $1.1K, BP $500, SAMS MC $3.6K, TOYS $2.1K | Amex Simply Cash $10K, Hilton $3.1K, PRG, GREEN, PLUM, Plenti $2K | MILITARY STAR $5.7K | PAYPAL
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's combining accounts, (for those of you that have 2 accounts), thoughts?

We will see...I would like all the accounts to combine into one, including both Macys line and Amex line. One card and one line works for me!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's combining accounts, (for those of you that have 2 accounts), thoughts?

Come to think of it...new terms start tomorrow I believe (according to my account opening materials I got this past Sunday when I applied).

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, when is that suppose to begin. I like seperate accounts myself. It should be a choice for the consumer, not automatic.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they report the lump sum limits to the bureaus on August 21st.
Message 5 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its not a specific date for everyone. Most of us have gotten our letters by now. and each and every post the date is different. My date Says August 10th. But appears no one really knows if the limits will be combined. or just dumped when they close the special event and club accounts we do know they will transfer to balance if you have one onto your revolver. But its all a mystery at this point even for the Csr's at Macys.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its not a specific date for everyone. Most of us have gotten our letters by now. and each and every post the date is different. My date Says August 10th. But appears no one really knows if the limits will be combined. or just dumped when they close the special event and club accounts we do know they will transfer to balance if you have one onto your revolver. But its all a mystery at this point even for the Csr's at Macys.

The rep at Bloomingdale's told me without me asking that the limits would be merged next month. I just bought a Dyson vacuum to lock in my major purchase account. My vacuum had the motor go out so it gave me the opportunity to do this even though Costco was much cheaper.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That's highly unlikely.  As taxi mentioned, everyone has received different dates on whenever those changes will become effective for each specific account that go beyond 8/21.  Thus, this isn't going to be some mass reporting on 8/21 for everyone.  By the same token, one has to factor non-convereted accounts, inactive accounts, closed accounts, etc.  I believe it will be done in phases and individuals will start seeing those changes reflect on CRs around the end of August through September/October.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.