cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's credit card app denied or approved?

tag
swins24
New Contributor

Macy's credit card app denied or approved?

I recently applied for a macy's store card and at the end all it said was thanks for applying please continue shopping does this mean i was denied? or would it had said i was denied or approved on the spot? i applied online. thanx for input.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's credit card app denied or approved?

Macys you should really apply in store, you get much higher starting CL's.

but online I believe you should have gotten answer on spot, I would call number located in backdoor numbers up above 

Message 2 of 7
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

When I applied online I was approved instantly and it said something like welcome to the stars and then it gave me my account number. Don't be discouraged  doesn't necessarily mean not approved. Call customer service to see if you were approved. Best of luck
Message 3 of 7
swins24
New Contributor

thanx for the feedback i called the number and it was a denial i proabley should have waited until today to apply my fako ex went from 530 yesterday to 581 today i paid my three cc down leaving a balance of $3 on each  and they were updated today i guess i wonder if that would have help my tu fico is 534 and my EQ is 530 but they havent updated my balances yet they normaly update on the 12 for me im jus lookin for a store card for my rebuilding process and then i will stop seeking until my scores are high enough
Message 4 of 7
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Sorry. Smiley Sad That was my third time app and then i finally got approved. I kept getting denied for old co. Next time You app go to the store and try my cl is only 100.00 plus i read on another forun that that accounts approved online end up with a sucky limits and they don't get increased as often.
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would also get yours scores into the 600's before applying again.
Message 6 of 7
swins24
New Contributor

thanx for all the help from everyone and feedback be looking for my next question lol thanx for all help is greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.