New Contributor
swins24

Macy's credit card app denied or approved?

I recently applied for a macy's store card and at the end all it said was thanks for applying please continue shopping does this mean i was denied? or would it had said i was denied or approved on the spot? i applied online. thanx for input.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Macy's credit card app denied or approved?

Macys you should really apply in store, you get much higher starting CL's.

but online I believe you should have gotten answer on spot, I would call number located in backdoor numbers up above 

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
VEEVEE

When I applied online I was approved instantly and it said something like welcome to the stars and then it gave me my account number. Don't be discouraged  doesn't necessarily mean not approved. Call customer service to see if you were approved. Best of luck
New Contributor
swins24

thanx for the feedback i called the number and it was a denial i proabley should have waited until today to apply my fako ex went from 530 yesterday to 581 today i paid my three cc down leaving a balance of $3 on each  and they were updated today i guess i wonder if that would have help my tu fico is 534 and my EQ is 530 but they havent updated my balances yet they normaly update on the 12 for me im jus lookin for a store card for my rebuilding process and then i will stop seeking until my scores are high enough
Regular Contributor
VEEVEE

Sorry. :smileysad: That was my third time app and then i finally got approved. I kept getting denied for old co. Next time You app go to the store and try my cl is only 100.00 plus i read on another forun that that accounts approved online end up with a sucky limits and they don't get increased as often.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I would also get yours scores into the 600's before applying again.
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
New Contributor
swins24

thanx for all the help from everyone and feedback be looking for my next question lol thanx for all help is greatly appreciated.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}