Did you mean: 

Macy's denial

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Macy's denial

This was about a year ago, my scores were:

EX 651/EQ 620/TU 655

I had a Fingerhut 750.00 CL (don't judge, they report well!)

BofA secured (99/500)

I was denied online, called the number given and the rep told me I was declined for not having a mortgage or car payment

I was 36, car under my bfs name, and renting

Has anyone else heard this denial reason before?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's denial

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

This was about a year ago, my scores were:

EX 651/EQ 620/TU 655

I had a Fingerhut 750.00 CL (don't judge, they report well!)

BofA secured (99/500)

I was denied online, called the number given and the rep told me I was declined for not having a mortgage or car payment

bull id call back and recon. 

the only thing i had on my report when i apped was a best buy store card. 

and i just added a car installment loan in aug of this year (about a year and a half after i got the card)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I have never heard of someone being denied a card solely due to lack of an installment loan or mortgage. That's crazy.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 9
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I had never heard of  it either, only that types of credit lines should be mixed = albeit not crucial it's helpful... but should not warrant a flat out denial Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

They lied to you! my sister who is 18 got her macys card on 04-01-12 with a $300 CL and with nothing reporting except a joint acct she has had since 02-09-12. Something is not right you should contact them and make them tell you the real reason why they denied your first application. Smiley Mad

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 9
Imua
Frequent Contributor

when i got my macy's card in 2008, the only TLs i had were 1 cc (BofA, opened only a few months prior, PIF monthly) and a CU overdraft LOC ($0 balance, established in 1990),  i applied in-store while making a purchase.

no mortgage, no installment loans, and no auto loan/s (open or closed) on any of my CRs at the time.

Message 6 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Yes, lack of mortgage or auto loan can be a reason for denial. This reason alone is not enough to get you denied. But when combined with other reasons, it became a compelling argument to have you denied.

Your letter will cite multiple reasons for denial.

Message 7 of 9
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I've never had a mortgage or car payment. However, I do have student loans and that probably got me my approval when I first app'd for Macy's over four years ago.

ImageImageImage

Message 8 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

lol i'm buying a house in cash, and bought my car with cash looks like I can't get a Macy's credit card =(

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.