Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's hard pull for cli....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's hard pull for cli....

I called Macy's yesterday for a cli and it was denied. The csr stated the reason being that Macy's is now only granting a cli every 6 months. I received an alert from EQ this morning that an inquire was made by Macy's/Dsnb? What the h**l since when is it hard pull for a cli? Is this going to be the standard operating procedure when requesting a cli?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
defserv
Established Member

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

As far as I know the macys visa requires six month between cli requests.. did you call about the visa or store card?
Message 2 of 14
Scamp
Valued Contributor

cartercorp wrote:
I called Macy's yesterday for a cli and it was denied. The csr stated the reason being that Macy's is now only granting a cli every 6 months. I received an alert from EQ this morning that an inquire was made by Macy's/Dsnb? What the h**l since when is it hard pull for a cli? Is this going to be the standard operating procedure when requesting a cli?

Is this the store card or the Visa?

If the store card, then this is VERY new, as I just did my latest 3-month GLI with no pull (or only a soft, at worst), a few weeks ago.

As for whether or not this is now SOP for Macy's, only they can tell you that; might want to call and ask them.

ETA:  defserve outtyped me! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Scamp on 03-10-2009 11:18 AM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the store card (red card).My first cli was at 3 months, and yestarday it hit 6 months.
Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

both store card and visa are CLI every 3 months unless they have changed it in the last 15 days.

It should also NEVER be a hard pull... I would call back ask for supervisor and ask them to recode the pull for soft, that was BAD on that reps part for doing the pull. 

Message 5 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

my understanding is that if you request an amount that approaches (too closely) or exceeds your internal risk limit that a hard pull may be placed. 

as far as the 6 months to be GLI eligible -that would apear to be a relatively new requirement, since i just got my three month store card (not visa) GLI a couple of weeks ago.

Message Edited by score_building on 03-10-2009 11:39 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

both store card and visa are CLI every 3 months unless they have changed it in the last 15 days.

It should also NEVER be a hard pull... I would call back ask for supervisor and ask them to recode the pull for soft, that was BAD on that reps part for doing the pull. 

Thanks Credit i will call after work today and see what they tell me. I will post later the results.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to my DW last month. I posted it here in the forums, apparently nobody believed me. She was told it is every six months now for the store card. They denied her GLI, and said to call back at the six month mark. The BS about it is my DW has already reached Platinum this year, and they have not upgraded her card to that either, they said they only upgrade now at the end of the year to whatever you reached the previous year.

I am tired of going to Macy's every week and making a payment on a crappy small limit for her card. It is a PITA (pain in the ...).

So, Macy's gets no more love until they show us some.

Message 8 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I never heard of hardpull from Macy's for CLI. This is some thing new.
Message 9 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

Pappy214 wrote:

The same thing happened to my DW last month. I posted it here in the forums, apparently nobody believed me. She was told it is every six months now for the store card. They denied her GLI, and said to call back at the six month mark. The BS about it is my DW has already reached Platinum this year, and they have not upgraded her card to that either, they said they only upgrade now at the end of the year to whatever you reached the previous year.

I am tired of going to Macy's every week and making a payment on a crappy small limit for her card. It is a PITA (pain in the ...).

So, Macy's gets no more love until they show us some.

1.  i saw your post but had hoped that maybe it was just a new cs rep or something (since i received a 3 month GLI after you posted)  the timing of this change would though make sense, since they reportedly just increased the apr of 100% of their card holders (store and visa).

2.  i just received a gold store card last week.  when i called and spoke to an apparently outsourced representative he said he could check my account and have a gold card sent out to me "straight away" (at that time i was a few dollars short of the required spending so he said i could call back after spending 1.24 more, lol.)  i called back after meeting the requirement and the US agent i spoke with said she would put in a request, WTH?  outsourced reps. are authorized to send card upgrades to qualified card holders right away but US reps have to put in a request?  shortly after i received a denial letter! 

since  the first rep i spoke said it was a go, i glazed over the denial (since it seemed odd) and i called back and again spoke to an outsourced rep. who reviewed my acct with me on the phone and sent me a gold card which had already updated as gold on the website the same week i received the denial letter.

3.  you don't prefer to pay online? 

Message Edited by score_building on 03-10-2009 01:51 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.