03-10-2009 02:01 PM
The same thing happened to my DW last month. I posted it here in the forums, apparently nobody believed me. She was told it is every six months now for the store card. They denied her GLI, and said to call back at the six month mark. The BS about it is my DW has already reached Platinum this year, and they have not upgraded her card to that either, they said they only upgrade now at the end of the year to whatever you reached the previous year.
I am tired of going to Macy's every week and making a payment on a crappy small limit for her card. It is a PITA (pain in the ...).
So, Macy's gets no more love until they show us some.
1. i saw your post but had hoped that maybe it was just a new cs rep or something (since i received a 3 month GLI after you posted) the timing of this change would though make sense, since they reportedly just increased the apr of 100% of their card holders (store and visa).
2. i just received a gold store card last week. when i called and spoke to an apparently outsourced representative he said he could check my account and have a gold card sent out to me "straight away" (at that time i was a few dollars short of the required spending so he said i could call back after spending 1.24 more, lol.) i called back after meeting the requirement and the US agent i spoke with said she would put in a request, WTH? outsourced reps. are authorized to send card upgrades to qualified card holders right away but US reps have to put in a request? shortly after i received a denial letter!
since the first rep i spoke said it was a go, i glazed over the denial (since it seemed odd) and i called back and again spoke to an outsourced rep. who reviewed my acct with me on the phone and sent me a gold card which had already updated as gold on the website the same week i received the denial letter.
3. you don't prefer to pay online?Message Edited by score_building on 03-10-2009 01:51 PM
2. Yep sounds about right. The red card call number (on the back of the card) got my wife to an "outsourced" employee who said she met the gold standard but not quite the platinum. If she spent another 24.57 she would reach platinum. My DW decided to put $84 on the card just to be safe. When we went to the store to pay the bill she used the stores courtesy phone and spoke to an American. She was not given the upgrade to either gold or platinum. Come to think of it, last week she too received a "denial" letter for the card upgrade. That seemed odd.
3. Yes we pay online too. But online only accepts payments once a week. (If people don't believe me try paying online and then try making another payment online a day or two or even three later. It won't let you.) We have to go to the store and pay by check a few days later because with the small cheesy limit one dang blouse can max out the card.
03-12-2009 02:08 PM
03-12-2009 02:14 PM
03-12-2009 02:16 PM
According to the cs supervisor I talked to last month, the're not supposed to do a hard pull without the courtesy of asking you, but they're doing it anyways. A lot.
I should of asked. I just assumed it was going to be a soft. It was a soft at the 3 month mark when i asked for my first cli.
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO