cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's no longer releasing credit limits to consumers???

tag
CreditAngel
Valued Member

Re: Macy's no longer releasing credit limits to consumers???

Thought I would add the fact that Bloomingdales is doing the same EXACT thing.  Calling before using the card ( placed several phones inside store for eazy access) sounds so foolish!!!

Message 21 of 50
creditisbetter2
Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Would it be ok if I copied and pasted what someone said from that site?  The information is very important to what people on this board, including myself, has been asking about this issue with Macys.

Copying and pasting isn't allowed. Content aside, there are some copyright issues involved.

You can always say something like "someone over at CB said ......." and rephrase what he said. I did read that thread that you referred to and parallels what had already been posted, minus the insider.

Thanks for clarifying that for me llecs.  Lets see if I can phrase this correctly.  From what I understand, this is a temporary situation and the company will be making more changes soon.  I guess this lack of credit line was an interim solution to what's going on behind the scenes.  Pls don't shoot the messenger.  I hope this is in fact temporary and we can get our limits back.  Not that they are necessary but it's nice to know before shopping that there is no risk of being denied (embarrassed in the process).

Message 22 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Would it be ok if I copied and pasted what someone said from that site?  The information is very important to what people on this board, including myself, has been asking about this issue with Macys.

Copying and pasting isn't allowed. Content aside, there are some copyright issues involved.

You can always say something like "someone over at CB said ......." and rephrase what he said. I did read that thread that you referred to and parallels what had already been posted, minus the insider.

Which seems to be either a FAKO or an overseas call center representative who has a limited understanding of certain aspects of the Macy's card.

Message 23 of 50
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Which seems to be either a FAKO or an overseas call center representative who has a limited understanding of certain aspects of the Macy's card.

Would venture to say most, even the movers and shakers there, have limited understanding of certain aspects of Macy's card, lol; it's a tough nut to crack but saw no obvious indication of misrepresenting position at Macy's or faulty info. reported, in any case.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 24 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Would venture to say most, even the movers and shakers there, have limited understanding of certain aspects of Macy's card, lol; it's a tough nut to crack but saw no obvious indication of misreprenting position at Macy's or faulty info. reported, in any case.

Except for the "insider's" total lack of understanding about what is and is not visible on Macy's online account management tool and not understanding how the process works when you use a Macy's American Express card when making a purchase at Macy's, yes.  But then what we learned there was nothing more than what was available here.

Message 25 of 50
score_building
Senior Contributor

must've missed that then but am just a run of the mill macy''s store card holder, with a card that gets very minimal usage.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 26 of 50
Open123
Super Contributor

You guys are serious about this? 

Initially, I had thought it was one of a series of April Fool's threads.

Message 27 of 50
creditisbetter2
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Open123, no joke at all.  I wish it were but I called for myself because I wanted to see if it was a joke and it was in fact true.  The customer service rep said we don't have limits and it's a "new" company policy and she asked me how much I wanted to spend, I threw out a number of 600 and she said yeah that's fine.  Prior to this, my limit was 2000.  Im actually going to pay my bill down and sit back and see what happens over the next several months. 

Message 28 of 50
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@CreditAngel wrote:

Thought I would add the fact that Bloomingdales is doing the same EXACT thing.  Calling before using the card ( placed several phones inside store for eazy access) sounds so foolish!!!

NOT surprised at all.lol

Message 29 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Open123, no joke at all.  I wish it were but I called for myself because I wanted to see if it was a joke and it was in fact true.  The customer service rep said we don't have limits and it's a "new" company policy and she asked me how much I wanted to spend, I threw out a number of 600 and she said yeah that's fine.  Prior to this, my limit was 2000.  Im actually going to pay my bill down and sit back and see what happens over the next several months. 

I could be wrong, but doesn't the new Macy's policy soumnd like American Express' "no preset credit limit" policy on charge cards?

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.