Re: Macy's question

My Macy's history

opened Jan. 2014 $400

called same day for increase. CLi $200----> $600

Marxh 2014 - Asked for CLi $1,400-----> $2,000

April 2014 - added furniture acct - $5k STarting limit

June - 2014 - Added Jewelry acct - $2,300 starting limit

July 2014 - Asked for CLi $500 -------> $2,500

my clothes ( revolving ) acct is at $2,500 Limit in 9 months of being open. I will

be requesting another one in Nov. 2014 Everything listed above was a SP and all done over the phone.

Message 11 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pokerpro wrote:

I think their policies are a joke

CLI for me was a soft pull every time 

but I know of relatives that ended up with HP

how can you have such discrepancy

amex upgrade seems to be inconsistent as I am reading sunrise comments

Talk to Creditaddict, he's allegedly the expert on these matters... oh wait, this is Macy's right, very predictable?  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 16
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I've never gotten an auto CLI on my Macy's card.  I've asked for and gotten two CLIs by asking for them.  One was SP, one was HP.  As far as AMEX goes, they told me the same AMEX requirement apply - at the time I requested my second CLI, my bankruptcy was not quite 8 years old, which disqualified me for AMEX, so I didn't try.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 13 of 16
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

I didn't know they have multiple accounts you can open I.e furniture jewelry how do you go about getting a different account and do you guys think a 615 score would get a CLI

Message 14 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tomgon1981 wrote:

I didn't know they have multiple accounts you can open I.e furniture jewelry how do you go about getting a different account and do you guys think a 615 score would get a CLI

You can simply contact them and inquire about opening up a Special Events line (IIRC, it's SP but others can chime in since I've had mine for a long time, back then it was HP).  As far as the CLI, it's going to depend on a variety of factors, namley the last time they SP'd your CR, your income, and the account history since the score alone is not a determining factor..

Message 15 of 16
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I will also be requesting an upgrade but this will be down the road.... like 30K miles down the road. If they dont budge then dueces! I currently have a balance close to limit. So I do need to wait a bit.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.