Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's still charged interest!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's still charged interest!!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

At least you've gotten your balance away from them and their crazy rates!

SO true!  Macy's at 24.99% (at least for me) is a PIF card for sure.

Thanks armymom for reminding us of the intricacies of interest charging.  And congrats on that $0 Macy's balance.  That's got to feel great!

And I remain thankful to the good woman (in a finance class) that shared her technique - she always pays Macy's in store before she leaves the store.  I thought she was a little over-the-top until I opened a Macy's card and came to understand how Macy's works.  Now I understand it's just easier to pay it off immediately.

I remain a Macy's fan for their coupons and deals, but I am more convinced than ever to never give these guys a penny in interest - they are SO wanting to take that cash!  And its easy to undo any good sale or coupon by carrying a balance.  I'm guessing this is how Macy's manages to create those super duper deals - they're hoping the sale item goes on a Macy's credit card and isn't PIF'd.  (I'm not  fully convinced of the CSR's statement that they are trying to encourage all card holders to be PIF'ers).

Thanks again armymom for sharing and reminding us that this is the way the world (and fine print) can work.  And congrats again on that $0 Macys balance.  Party!

Message 11 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

...and at least you saw the follow-up statement. There are many stories in these forums of accounts being late or charged off because the account holder never bothered to look at the following month's statement. They assumed the balance was $0.

Message 12 of 13
armymom
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

At least you've gotten your balance away from them and their crazy rates!

SO true!  Macy's at 24.99% (at least for me) is a PIF card for sure.

Thanks armymom for reminding us of the intricacies of interest charging.  And congrats on that $0 Macy's balance.  That's got to feel great!

And I remain thankful to the good woman (in a finance class) that shared her technique - she always pays Macy's in store before she leaves the store.  I thought she was a little over-the-top until I opened a Macy's card and came to understand how Macy's works.  Now I understand it's just easier to pay it off immediately.

I remain a Macy's fan for their coupons and deals, but I am more convinced than ever to never give these guys a penny in interest - they are SO wanting to take that cash!  And its easy to undo any good sale or coupon by carrying a balance.  I'm guessing this is how Macy's manages to create those super duper deals - they're hoping the sale item goes on a Macy's credit card and isn't PIF'd.  (I'm not  fully convinced of the CSR's statement that they are trying to encourage all card holders to be PIF'ers).

Thanks again armymom for sharing and reminding us that this is the way the world (and fine print) can work.  And congrats again on that $0 Macys balance.  Party!

HTSU, that is exactly why I jumped at the chance to pay my balance off with a BT, especially at 0% til Sept 2011.Smiley Very Happy  And BeamMEup, you are right.  Macy's is definitely a PIF card.  I'll never pay Macy's ridiculous interest rate again.

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.