cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's store card Credit limit increase after 45 days!

tag
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's store card Credit limit increase after 45 days!

@aneauness wrote:

Thanks forum.  I applied for Macy's on Monday and was approved for $500. When I read this post--just browsing the forum--I decided to follow suite and call for an increase. I was given an extra $300. $800 is not a lot, but considering I will be using this card very little and PIF, I should be able to get regular increases and ultimately upgraded to the AMEX. 

Congrats to all you guys for getting the CLI.

congrats im trying to baby this card in order to be considered for the AMEX version . i shop macy frequently, but PIF monthly as the APR is too much to carry a large balance on. i also love seeing my toy limit cards grow.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 11 of 16
startnow
Established Member

Did you all wait until you had the card in hand before requesting a CLI?  I opened mine in store last Wednesday while on vacation.  I haven't received the card yet (it maybe be in the mail today when I ge thome).  I only got a $300 limit.  Should I call or chat and ask for a CLI before I get the card or should I wait until I have the card in hand?  I want something a bit more so that I can purchase some luggage this weekend. 

Message 12 of 16
imovinup
Regular Contributor

@startnow wrote:

Did you all wait until you had the card in hand before requesting a CLI?  I opened mine in store last Wednesday while on vacation.  I haven't received the card yet (it maybe be in the mail today when I ge thome).  I only got a $300 limit.  Should I call or chat and ask for a CLI before I get the card or should I wait until I have the card in hand?  I want something a bit more so that I can purchase some luggage this weekend. 

i personally had the card in hand , however the CLI i received was based on information in the credit report I applied with within 90 days. As long as you have your account number (USN if you don't) then you could ask for a manual review. It seems they give lower limits online so if your account was opened online I think you have a higher chance of getting a CLI by verifying your information. It dozens hurt to ask just make sure they are not pulling a new report, good luck=k

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 13 of 16
startnow
Established Member

So I called the backdoor # and spoke to a CSR who said that "[she] doesn't think the system would let her increase my CL b/c I haven't made a payment on the account yet.  Which is crazy since I just got approved for the card last Wednesday.  She said after one or two payments then I can.  I'm kind of wondering is she knew what she was talking about.  May try again in the store this weekend for a CLI since I want to get the luggage. I also plan on paying something on the account tomorrow.

Message 14 of 16
NyaBuksh
Regular Contributor

I called Macy's after reading this post and guess what!  Denied!!!

The rep said that my account is too new (only two statements). Oh well!

Congrats!

Message 15 of 16
startnow
Established Member

@NyaBuksh wrote:

I called Macy's after reading this post and guess what!  Denied!!!

The rep said that my account is too new (only two statements). Oh well!

Congrats!

I wonder if you try in the store as you are about to purchase something (have someone internal call) would it make a difference.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.