Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's.....yea

tag
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Macy's.....yea

Remember everyone here ask me why my Macy's Card had a $100 CL still from 2005. I never ask for a cli from Macy's because I always used cash back in the day until last year. This year really caring about my credit and plenty of help from this forum, I app for some CC's. Yesterday, there is a post stating Macy's is starting to report on some accounts to the big 3. Last night I bought a dish towel for $7.99 and $8.99 shipping LOL. The reason why is because I want to keep the account active with a long history and to help with my utilization. Today I called Macy's for sh*^ and giggles asking my balance and CL. Bammmm $1000.00. Macy's sometime over the years raised it without me knowing it.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's.....yea

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Remember everyone here ask me why my Macy's Card had a $100 CL still from 2005. I never ask for a cli from Macy's because I always used cash back in the day until last year. This year really caring about my credit and plenty of help from this forum, I app for some CC's. Yesterday, there is a post stating Macy's is starting to report on some accounts to the big 3. Last night I bought a dish towel for $7.99 and $8.99 shipping LOL. The reason why is because I want to keep the account active with a long history and to help with my utilization. Today I called Macy's for sh*^ and giggles asking my balance and CL. Bammmm $1000.00. Macy's sometime over the years raised it without me knowing it.

BAMMM Call back and ask for a CLI!

Ask for $5000, They will counter and it will be a SP.

Congrats on the $1000 though but seriously I would call and ask for more, they will tell you if you need to wait because this $1000 just happened but if it happened a while ago and you just didn't know it, you might have an approved increase in system already just waiting for you to ask!

Message 2 of 3
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's.....yea

Hi Creditaddict. I'm in garden mode till next April. The reason is within  6 months I got the Amex, Discover and Barclay's card. I don't want to send out red flags. Macy's I don't shop there that much. I shop at Khols all the time. On Friday I spent $ 135 with 20% off and got $20.00 cash back voucher. I saved over $ 140 from the sales and $20% off. Do you think after 6 mouths or a year that I should ask for a cli. ? All of my cards or some. I always put a credit freeze on the 3.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.