Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's

I had the app itch last night and decided to apply for a Macy's card - not the AMEX one.  I didn't have a department store credit card so i figured it would be good to get one.

My app was approved, but I went into the other room so I didn't get a chance to see what the approved amount was. I am calling shortly to find out.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Re: Macy's

Congrats! Macys doesn't show the limit on CRA until later this year hopefully in mid April. Enjoy the 15% off
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called credit services and I was given a $300 credit limit.  Given the APR is 24.99% I won't be carrying a balance that's for sure!

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called credit services and I was given a $300 credit limit.  Given the APR is 24.99% I won't be carrying a balance that's for sure

Macy's you really should always apply in store.  If it's not to much trouble at some point soon I would go into the store and buy something (anything) most likely you will get a referal at check out and rep will have to call in and verify your DL etc.  Once that is done they usually increase the limit.

Been a couple years I feel since a lot of talk on it so not sure if anything has changed but don't worry to much if this has changed and you don't have any verify issues they still tend to increase pretty fast if you keep asking, every 3 months! and don't worry about reps saying it's a HP... 95% of the time it's a soft, it's like GE they use SP that are done every 30-60 days on the account automatically.

Message 4 of 7
namvet
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called credit services and I was given a $300 credit limit.  Given the APR is 24.99% I won't be carrying a balance that's for sure

Macy's you really should always apply in store.  If it's not to much trouble at some point soon I would go into the store and buy something (anything) most likely you will get a referal at check out and rep will have to call in and verify your DL etc.  Once that is done they usually increase the limit.

Been a couple years I feel since a lot of talk on it so not sure if anything has changed but don't worry to much if this has changed and you don't have any verify issues they still tend to increase pretty fast if you keep asking, every 3 months! and don't worry about reps saying it's a HP... 95% of the time it's a soft, it's like GE they use SP that are done every 30-60 days on the account automatically.

Macy's gives you a starting limit to spend now but this is not your credit limit.  You will get that information later.

Message 5 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called credit services and I was given a $300 credit limit.  Given the APR is 24.99% I won't be carrying a balance that's for sure!

for reals! Congrats! Macy's has quite a bit to offer both online and in store sales in several categories.

I like Macy's but prefer the Nordstorm Bank approach (even though haven't carried a balance on either) Nordstrom Tier 1 10.XX APR on Nordstrom purchases is significantly more palatable.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback, I love this forum. It's helped me a LOT!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.