Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's?

Applied in store while making sizable purchase. Scores were in mid to high 600s.
Message 11 of 19
slarano
Frequent Contributor

around 640 for a starting CL of $400 when i applied online May '08. it's June '09 and my Star Rewards Platinum card now has a $3,800 limit. Smiley Happy
ImageImageImage

Message 12 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@simonlarano wrote:
around 640 for a starting CL of $400 when i applied online May '08. it's June '09 and my Star Rewards Platinum card now has a $3,800 limit. Smiley Happy

Platinum, eh? No wonder they like you. Mine is red and I have a $3.7K CL. They also just offered me the (hard to obtain) Visa addon. That is a fresh, unsolicited offer that is on the table right now. FICO's EQ=707, TU=731 and EX=? Of course they only use EX...

My history with them has been checkered, but they did work with me and I am fully rehab'ed, (Obviously!) Macy's is a relatively easy card to get and obtain CLI's for. If you follow the program and don't ask when inappropriate you won't be declined for a CLI unless you truly deserve to be.

Message 13 of 19
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I got my card online and was sorry that I did so because it makes things more difficult. Like adding a authorized user I had to go into the store and have some one at the service desk call them for me. I also received a small starting CL of 600. I have called every 90 days for a GLI and they have never said no. I opened the card las just last August and my CL is up to 3000.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
slarano
Frequent Contributor

i have a tendency to irrationally vie for card colors. my pertinent purchases totaled close to $2K, and that's with all of the extra discounts already figured in from being employed by Macy's Inc. Smiley Very Happy so needless to say, my goal is the Elite black card for next year. and yes, they told me i was being considered for the Visa as well. i just dislike the look of the regular red and gold card colors. i know it goes against everything i'm supposed to follow, but hey, one vice is ok. Smiley Happy
ImageImageImage

Message 15 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:
I got my card online and was sorry that I did so because it makes things more difficult. Like adding a authorized user I had to go into the store and have some one at the service desk call them for me. I also received a small starting CL of 600. I have called every 90 days for a GLI and they have never said no. I opened the card las just last August and my CL is up to 3000.

1) I have had a Macy's account for over 30 years and never had to make an appearance in the store to do anything. That makes no sense as that courtesty phone you pick up rings through to the same office you can make a call to from your home. Chalk it up to another case of bad CSR work!

2) $600 is not a low opening credit line for Macy's. In fact it is rather high.

Message 16 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@simonlarano wrote:
i have a tendency to irrationally vie for card colors. my pertinent purchases totaled close to $2K, and that's with all of the extra discounts already figured in from being employed by Macy's Inc. Smiley Very Happy so needless to say, my goal is the Elite black card for next year. and yes, they told me i was being considered for the Visa as well. i just dislike the look of the regular red and gold card colors. i know it goes against everything i'm supposed to follow, but hey, one vice is ok. Smiley Happy

Every cardholder is being constantly considered for the Visa. The hard part is getting it offered to you. Smiley Wink

My consideration is: do i really want it?

Message 17 of 19
tbrowne34
Established Member

Approved yesterday in store pulled Ex. (their fako plus score was 711) with AAoA 8 months longest reporting 1year with highest cl $500  No baddies they gave me a 300cl on store card

Message 18 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Nice job! Congratulations!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.