cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's?

Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's?

Applied in store while making sizable purchase. Scores were in mid to high 600s.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's?

around 640 for a starting CL of $400 when i applied online May '08. it's June '09 and my Star Rewards Platinum card now has a $3,800 limit. Smiley Happy

myFICO Starting Scores: TU 643 03.10.09 EX 676 01.09.09 EQ 638 05.24.09
Current Score: (WalMart FICO) TU 792 04.03.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EX 745 02.06.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EQ 771 02.06.13
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's?


simonlarano wrote:
around 640 for a starting CL of $400 when i applied online May '08. it's June '09 and my Star Rewards Platinum card now has a $3,800 limit. Smiley Happy

Platinum, eh? No wonder they like you. Mine is red and I have a $3.7K CL. They also just offered me the (hard to obtain) Visa addon. That is a fresh, unsolicited offer that is on the table right now. FICO's EQ=707, TU=731 and EX=? Of course they only use EX...

 

My history with them has been checkered, but they did work with me and I am fully rehab'ed, (Obviously!) Macy's is a relatively easy card to get and obtain CLI's for. If you follow the program and don't ask when inappropriate you won't be declined for a CLI unless you truly deserve to be.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's?

I got my card online and was sorry that I did so because it makes things more difficult. Like adding a authorized user I had to go into the store and have some one at the service desk call them for me. I also received a small starting CL of 600. I have called every 90 days for a GLI and they have never said no. I opened the card las just last August and my CL is up to 3000.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's?

i have a tendency to irrationally vie for card colors. my pertinent purchases totaled close to $2K, and that's with all of the extra discounts already figured in from being employed by Macy's Inc. Smiley Very Happy so needless to say, my goal is the Elite black card for next year. and yes, they told me i was being considered for the Visa as well. i just dislike the look of the regular red and gold card colors. i know it goes against everything i'm supposed to follow, but hey, one vice is ok. Smiley Happy

myFICO Starting Scores: TU 643 03.10.09 EX 676 01.09.09 EQ 638 05.24.09
Current Score: (WalMart FICO) TU 792 04.03.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EX 745 02.06.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EQ 771 02.06.13
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's?


crosbyk1 wrote:
I got my card online and was sorry that I did so because it makes things more difficult. Like adding a authorized user I had to go into the store and have some one at the service desk call them for me. I also received a small starting CL of 600. I have called every 90 days for a GLI and they have never said no. I opened the card las just last August and my CL is up to 3000.

 

1) I have had a Macy's account for over 30 years and never had to make an appearance in the store to do anything. That makes no sense as that courtesty phone you pick up rings through to the same office you can make a call to from your home. Chalk it up to another case of bad CSR work!

 

2) $600 is not a low opening credit line for Macy's. In fact it is rather high.

Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's?


simonlarano wrote:
i have a tendency to irrationally vie for card colors. my pertinent purchases totaled close to $2K, and that's with all of the extra discounts already figured in from being employed by Macy's Inc. Smiley Very Happy so needless to say, my goal is the Elite black card for next year. and yes, they told me i was being considered for the Visa as well. i just dislike the look of the regular red and gold card colors. i know it goes against everything i'm supposed to follow, but hey, one vice is ok. Smiley Happy

Every cardholder is being constantly considered for the Visa. The hard part is getting it offered to you. Smiley Wink

 

My consideration is: do i really want it?

Established Member

Re: Macy's?

Approved yesterday in store pulled Ex. (their fako plus score was 711) with AAoA 8 months longest reporting 1year with highest cl $500  No baddies they gave me a 300cl on store card

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's?

Nice job! Congratulations!