Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys AMEX

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Macys AMEX

I just upgraded my store card with Macys to the AMEX. Does my old card close and I loose the CL and history, does it go over to the new card? I know I will have a new CL with Macys / DSNB.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys AMEX

Your old card should only close if you close it. Macys store card and Macys Amex are 2 different tradelines.
Message 2 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You just upgraded to the BOGO card and added a new account to your CR Smiley Happy

The new card will give you access to the original store CL and also have a new AMEX outside of macy's CL.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you can close the store card and keep the Amex? I always thought you had to have both.

(Obviously I don't have this card... don't really want this card... but it's good to know for reference)
Message 4 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

You just upgraded to the BOGO card and added a new account to your CR Smiley Happy

The new card will give you access to the original store CL and also have a new AMEX outside of macy's CL.

And the new account has a new starting date?

And it was with a HP.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 7
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

And the new account has a new starting date?

And it was with a HP.

Yes, HP in EX. But I'm trying to close store cards if they do not hold a MC, VI, Dis, AMEX on the card. The only store card I'm keeping that I can't use everywhere is Carecredit and Staples. Carecredit for medical and Staples as I shop their a lot (you may laugh at me). 

Message 6 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I'm not keen on new HPs for upgrades.  I don't mind having store cards for the mix to scoring factors.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.