Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Amex

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Macys Amex

How much do people actually use their Macy's Amexes...or any other major network store card...outside of the store?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

How much do people actually use their Macy's Amexes...or any other major network store card...outside of the store?

Since it is an AMEX network card, it works with AMEX Sync, so I used mine when offers were decent.   I think people are more likely to use the cards out of the store when they have a good incentive to do so.   Sears MC is notorious for their spend offers.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends how often I'll use it. If one of my cards is offering 5% cash back, I'll use my credit cards if a coupon doesn't apply to the purchase. If I have a coupon and they have 30 percent off the item I want, I will use it because sometimes it requires that I use my macys.

Message 13 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I have a question for the Macy's Amex folks... since it appears with the Macy's Amex the Amex is still a separate credit line from the store account, if you're shopping in-store is it possible to have the clerk put a purchase on the Amex credit line?

I'm asking since Amex cards (and Visa) can be linked to Ebates for in-store cash back... if you're able to use the Macy's Amex in-store as an Amex it looks like you would be able to double-dip on savings (i.e. get the Ebates cash back as well as the Macy's cardholder discount).

Message 14 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I have a question for the Macy's Amex folks... since it appears with the Macy's Amex the Amex is still a separate credit line from the store account, if you're shopping in-store is it possible to have the clerk put a purchase on the Amex credit line?

I'm asking since Amex cards (and Visa) can be linked to Ebates for in-store cash back... if you're able to use the Macy's Amex in-store as an Amex it looks like you would be able to double-dip on savings (i.e. get the Ebates cash back as well as the Macy's cardholder discount).

Haven't tried it but, I think by default the register will put it on your store CL and doesn't give the option to put it on the AMEX side.  If you don't have enough CL on the store side I suspect they would just do a CLI bump to cover the purchase.

Similar to the card readers if they're setup for a chip as primary and swipe as secondary.  If the card has a chip then you have to insert it to complete the transaction for the retailer's protection against a fraudulent charge.  Otherwise you would probably have to engage a manager or checkout through CS desk instead of a regular register.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.