Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys Blacklist

About 2 weeks ago I apped for a Macys card I shop there often and love the cardholder coupons they send. I was denied and the only reason listed was an unpaid account in the past. I contacted them and was transferred to Citibank and was told I owed $28 from the early 2002. I was in college then it's possible I was that dumb and did not pay so I paid over the phone.

Will this remove me from their blacklist? I applied in the past and this was never a reason for denial. Maybe now that I have decent credit this was their only excuse. Anyone have any experience being approved after paying them. I am probably wrong here I thought Macy's offered the Macys Amex am I wrong? Just curious because the store card is backed by Citibank. That is who I paid the $28 to.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys Blacklist

Tried making small talk about stupidity being young, then ask to open an account right then and there?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I stated in my post that would probably be my reason for not paying $28. I never mentioned it to Citibank I asked them if I could pay the charged off amount and they allowed me to do so over the phone. My question was if anyone owed and paid and was removed from the blacklist and given an account.
Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I highly doubt you were blacklisted for $28. I've had cards write off $2 charges that I make to keep cards active...Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was the only reason for denial stated on the letter. The letter basically stated they could not approve me because there was a charged off account in the past. When I called they said there was an account in 2002 but they could not discuss it. I was transferred and the woman who answered said thank you for calling macys/citibank. She explained there was $28.38 that was never paid. So it seems silly but that was their reason. I paid over the phone to clear up the debt.
Message 5 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Give it past sixty days, then try again. That'll give their systems time to update, then you'll really know if you're blacklisted, if you want to burn another HP.

Message 6 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Ill give you my Macys account!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.