Reply
Established Contributor
texasman07
Posts: 546
Registered: ‎02-17-2011
0

Macys CLI Question

How long do you have to wait for  a store card macys CLI? 

Amex Delta Gold $1000.00 CL; Discover $1000.00 CL; Gap Visa $4500.00 CL; AE Visa 4000.00 CL; Cap1 Quicksilver $2000.00; Walmart DISCOVER $4,000.00; Sam's Club Discover $8500.00; Barclay's Rewards MC $3300; CITIBank Dividend Platinum $300.00 CL; AMEX Green NPSL; Wells Fargo Rewards VISA $3,000.00 CL; Barclays US Airways Platinum MC $4000.00 CL; BOA Better Balance Rewards VIsa $1000.00 CL.

Valued Contributor
visorboy1974
Posts: 1,132
Registered: ‎05-17-2010
0

Re: Macys CLI Question

I'd say at least 6 months.  

Regular Contributor
Fresh-Start
Posts: 238
Registered: ‎10-18-2012
0

Re: Macys CLI Question

It was 6 months for me.  Went from $200 to $1,000.  Good luck!

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,098
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Macys CLI Question

Either 4 to 6 months. I requested a increase from $100 to $1000 after a year. Macys doesn't seem to do auto CLIs.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Macys CLI Question


maiden_girl wrote:

Either 4 to 6 months. I requested a increase from $100 to $1000 after a year. Macys doesn't seem to do auto CLIs.


not true. 

started with my macy's dec 10' and had a 100 cl used maybe 2 times and then didnt use it for 6+ months. i looked online this june and said my limit was 2k.

 

after discovering this wonderfull site i called the number on the back of the card and kept hitting 0 until a rep came on. (those darned auto systems) 

i asked for a cli and she was like oh you wanna take part in our upcoming sales and i was like sure. 

she asked how much i wanted and i said 3.5k not to be greedy but 1k more then my highest limit. 

she called uw and had me on hold (supposedly) and approved me automatticall over the phone and said it should reflect on my next statement and they had just begun reporting to all 3 ca... 

(reports prev said no limit reported just high balance) 

 

all was done soft pull. 

 

so 2 years with the card and went from $100 to 3.5k 

Current: Discover Fico 689 8/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/05/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,098
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Macys CLI Question


creditnocash wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

Either 4 to 6 months. I requested a increase from $100 to $1000 after a year. Macys doesn't seem to do auto CLIs.


not true. 

started with my macy's dec 10' and had a 100 cl used maybe 2 times and then didnt use it for 6+ months. i looked online this june and said my limit was 2k.

 

after discovering this wonderfull site i called the number on the back of the card and kept hitting 0 until a rep came on. (those darned auto systems) 

i asked for a cli and she was like oh you wanna take part in our upcoming sales and i was like sure. 

she asked how much i wanted and i said 3.5k not to be greedy but 1k more then my highest limit. 

she called uw and had me on hold (supposedly) and approved me automatticall over the phone and said it should reflect on my next statement and they had just begun reporting to all 3 ca... 

(reports prev said no limit reported just high balance) 

 

all was done soft pull. 

 

so 2 years with the card and went from $100 to 3.5k 


YMMV I guess. I was speaking from my own experience. I had my card for a year stuck at $100 CL. It only increased to $1,000 b/c I called customer service.

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Contributor
JustinNguyen
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎10-20-2012
0

Re: Macys CLI Question

I got Macy's for 2 years. Cl 300 is 300 lol

Valued Contributor
jsickz32
Posts: 1,987
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: Macys CLI Question

I got my macys in 6/09 with a 300cl. I was auto cli to 2000 but i dont know when that happened cuz i never knew how to check my limit. I used it alot but i always kept it under 300 cuz i thought tht was my cl until a couple of months ago they called me tell me i was gonna be upgraded to the platinum macys.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Macys CLI Question


jsickz32 wrote:
I got my macys in 6/09 with a 300cl. I was auto cli to 2000 but i dont know when that happened cuz i never knew how to check my limit. I used it alot but i always kept it under 300 cuz i thought tht was my cl until a couple of months ago they called me tell me i was gonna be upgraded to the platinum macys.

same with me opened with 100 and used it a couple times. 

it never reported limit so i had to chat to find out it was only 100 lol. 

fast forward till june (1 and 1/2 years later) 

looked online to pay my bill for something i bought and it said 2k (at this point ck and my reports had no limit posted) 

so i was like cool and around middle of july i just called and asked and was instantly approved after asking what my salary was and how much i wanted

(i said 26k which was true atm) 

Current: Discover Fico 689 8/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/05/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+