4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys CLI

I've had the card since Mar and never used it because of the 300 dollar cl. Do u think i can ask for a increase without ever using it?
Message 12 of 30
Logical
Regular Contributor

kiyahsmom wrote:
I've had the card since Mar and never used it because of the 300 dollar cl. Do u think i can ask for a increase without ever using it?

I got mine last summer and didn't use it for4 months. Finally used it (they cut the 1st bill that day!) and the next next month gave an auto-cli.
Message 13 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

does anyone have the visa? when you get your cli, do they increase the visa by the same amount as the store card?
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call Macy's every 3 months for a "guide line increase" as long as you have paid on time. The representatives will even tell you that when call.
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I went online and ordered a 20 dollar jacket for my baby. I'll pay it off next week, then wait to see what happens after the first statement drops. I checked my CR and Macy's isn't even on it, maybe due to no activity. Does anyone know if it will report with me having it since march of 08 or will it be as of Sept. since this is my first time using it?
Message 16 of 30
Logical
Regular Contributor

kiyahsmom wrote:
 Does anyone know if it will report with me having it since march of 08 or will it be as of Sept. since this is my first time using it?

Mine did not report until I bought something, then it showed the date the card was opened (not first use).
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know.
Message 18 of 30
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
does anyone have the visa? when you get your cli, do they increase the visa by the same amount as the store card?

One plastic card - two different accounts: 1) Macys and 2) CC. The CL's are separate and report separately on CBR's. This card is very hard to get. I really don't want it. If I bought more at Macys I might, but diversity of credit is a real good practice...
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep, it's always exciting Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.