Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys CLI

I know it's 2 credit lines. My question is when they give you increase on macy's at 3 months, will they automatically increase the visa by that much too? or do you have to apply for cli 2 different times?
Message 21 of 30
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Is there anything you've done lately that may have cause the increase?  Spent more money with them, pay off the card, pay off other debts?

Message 22 of 30
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
I know it's 2 credit lines. My question is when they give you increase on macy's at 3 months, will they automatically increase the visa by that much too? or do you have to apply for cli 2 different times?

They are two completely separate TL's. They are not equal and are administered separately They aren't even from the same issuer!. When your Macys card is converted to a Macys VISA you get a hard INQ - it is a new TL! An increase in one does not insure an increase in the other. The only way they relate to each other is that they accessed using the same plastic card.
Message 23 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

jmbfl wrote:

They are two completely separate TL's. They are not equal and are administered separately They aren't even from the same issuer!. When your Macys card is converted to a Macys VISA you get a hard INQ - it is a new TL! An increase in one does not insure an increase in the other. The only way they relate to each other is that they accessed using the same plastic card.

Not the same bank??? who issues the visa?
They gave us the visa at time of applying, not upgrade.
Message 24 of 30
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

There is another thread here where the exact reporting is noted:

MACYS = MACYDSNB

VISA = VISADSNB

They are both issued by DSNB which is a jointly owned operation of MACYS (formerly FDS) and CITI. The two trade lines are administered separately.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 09-29-2008 12:11 PM
Message 25 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jmbfl wrote:
There is another thread here where the exact issuers are noted:

MACYS = DSNB

VISA = CITI

They are not the same entitiy.

But related.

Message 26 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

shirleyland wrote:
I was just checking my CR and discovered that Macys has increased my Cl from 300 to 2000. I am THRILLED. I started off with 200 in Dec 2007. I called in April to request CL and was only given a 100 CL. Has this happen to anyone without asking?

Congrats, OP! That's awesome. They are really good at CLIs. Macys just increased mine from $800 to $1500 and my Bloomies (same lender) went from $1000 to $1700 both by calling the CLI in. I don't think I spent more than $600 on each to date.
Message 27 of 30
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

llecs wrote:

See the minor correction previously posted.

Message Edited by jmbfl on 09-29-2008 12:17 PM
Message 28 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jmbfl wrote:

llecs wrote:

jmbfl wrote:
There is another thread here where the exact issuers are noted:

MACYS = DSNB

VISA = CITI

They are not the same entitiy.

But related.

See the minor correction previously posted.

Got it.
Message 29 of 30
shirleyland
Valued Member

Thanks and Congrats, llecs
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.