Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Conversion... YES!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macys Conversion... YES!

"Congratulations you'll soon be receiving the brand new Macy's American Express Card". YAY!!!

I was starting to really worry that they would cancel me, have been carrying a very high balance on the Visa for the last year, Starting to make very large payments to it now though to get it paid off.  I'm so excited, says I will have new card before 10/31/10

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys Conversion... YES!

What scored did you have when you originally applied for this card?

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it's a joint account with the primary being my mother... she is in the low 700's Started as 1k store and 2k visa. One year later it was a 10500 Store Card, 5800 furniture line and a 12k visa.  They have treated us very good.

Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

it's a joint account with the primary being my mother... she is in the low 700's Started as 1k store and 2k visa. One year later it was a 10500 Store Card, 5800 furniture line and a 12k visa.  They have treated us very good.

Wow! That is a huge limit for any store card that is not a Visa, MC or Amex.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

before the new credit laws kicked in and they started doing hard pulls for CLI, I would ask for double my current CL every 3 months and at 5k I asked for 7500 and she came back and said the computer is actually offering you 10k, would you like that? then they auto increased it from 10 to 10700 actually not 10500 and I have stopped asking as since the cl doesn't report anymore, more credit will not help me. I also went ultimate premier in 1 month, so I had very extensive spending on the account

Message 5 of 8
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I like Macy's and may apply for that card in the future.  We have them all over our area.  My question is, can i apply for the Amex, or do i have to start with the store card first, and hope for conversion later?

Thanks

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

if you apply in store and don't click the button to only be considered for the store card, they will automatically consider your application for both the store card and the visa or the amex if it's after the switch.  When approved in store though you will only know you got the store, you won't know you got the visa unless you call or wait for the card to come in the mail and see if you get the visa or plan store card.

Message 7 of 8
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

if you apply in store and don't click the button to only be considered for the store card, they will automatically consider your application for both the store card and the visa or the amex if it's after the switch.  When approved in store though you will only know you got the store, you won't know you got the visa unless you call or wait for the card to come in the mail and see if you get the visa or plan store card.

When I applied last year for a Macy's card, I went through the whole transaction pretty quickly and they said I was approved.  When I walked away from the register after making my purchase I looked at my receipt and it said it had been charged to a Macy's Visa.  So it should say which card you got on the receipt.  I haven't received my Amex change letter yet but my card doesn't expire until late next year.  The new features sound nice though.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.