Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Reporting Quirks

tag
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Macys Reporting Quirks

This is kind of any FYI post based on some recent experiences and reviewing my and DW's reports.

1. Macys does not report CCs (Amex or Visa) to Transunion. Their credit reporting team adamently said they don't do this.
  2. Macys does not report the store charge card trade line to any CRA for authorized users if they are also authorized users for CCs (I don't know if they report for authorized users of just the store charge card).
  3. For DW, Macys does not report the date that her store charge card was closed and they update the account every month. The effect is that, although the card is closed, the 10-year reporting period has not actually started for this closed account. I don't know if this quirk is just for DW or whether it affects.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys Reporting Quirks

@stan_the_man wrote:

This is kind of any FYI post based on some recent experiences and reviewing my and DW's reports.

1. Macys does not report CCs (Amex or Visa) to Transunion. Their credit reporting team adamently said they don't do this.
  2. Macys does not report the store charge card trade line to any CRA for authorized users if they are also authorized users for CCs (I don't know if they report for authorized users of just the store charge card).
  3. For DW, Macys does not report the date that her store charge card was closed and they update the account every month. The effect is that, although the card is closed, the 10-year reporting period has not actually started for this closed account. I don't know if this quirk is just for DW or whether it affects.

Unfortunately, the people who work in Macy's credit bureau reporting unit are retarded.

It seems that almost every month they make numerous mistakes in reporting.  They think I was born in the year "0000"; they report every other month with "ND" (No Data) in monthly status indicators and then add the remarks "Dispute Resolved, Consumer Disagrees" in remarks.

Chimps from the National Zoo could do a better job.

Message 2 of 8
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Having them explain to me why they don't have three bureau reporting for their CCs was one of the most painful experiences of my life. They kept repeating something about how it wasn't part of their agreement with Transunion.

I told them something like "It's 2010, you're positioning yourself as a premium brand, and your customers expect three bureau reporting. Your answer is BS, and it sounds like Macys is trying to be cheap."

Message 3 of 8
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

My Macys store card does not report to TU or EQ. They only report to EX.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficonightmare wrote:

My Macys store card does not report to TU or EQ. They only report to EX.

My Macy's store card reports to all three.

Macy's AmEx reports to all except TU.

Message 5 of 8
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I should of said  "reported" as I don't have the card anymore.

But that is strange, that they reported all three for your but only EX for me.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficonightmare wrote:

I should of said  "reported" as I don't have the card anymore.

But that is strange, that they reported all three for your but only EX for me.

You're right, buddy, it would be strange ... but we are dealing with Macy's here.  Macy's credit reporting is the King of Strange.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yikes

My Macy's store card has always reported on all three.  They do not show on DH's - he is an AU.

However,

DH closed his Macy's Visa.  It reports as a Visa and again as a store card on all 3.  Continues to report even after it's closed - but shows date of last activity and closed, so I'm assuming it will age off at about the standard time.

I hate the way Macy's reported the Visa (double reported balances and two new accounts), I hate managing the card online, and I hate not knowing my CL, and of course I hate that they don't report a CL.

But I think the rewards are great - it's the only store card I care to keep around.  We'll see if I still feel that way after I figure out what's going on with the new store card rewards.......

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.